Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flowers

I'm trying to get an early start on my Mother's Day cards even though I haven't made my St. Patty's Day or Easter cards yet.  Since my mother-in-law's favorite color is purple, this is what I created for her.  The stamped image came from Unity Stamps; Spellbinders oval and scalloped oval dies were used to cut out the image.  Prismacolor pencils and OMS (odorless mineral spirits) were used for the coloring.  I also added a few Distress stickles (thanks for the reminder Donna) to the center of the flowers.  The background strip was punched out with one of the many new Martha Stewart punch around the page punches on the market. 

2 comments:

Donna said...

More techniques, I need to know more....

Pat Jandacek said...

Great card. I have the MS punch but hadn't considered dimensionalizing (if that's a word) and I like the effect. Thanks for sharing.