Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lady in Yellow

Shades of purple and yellow.  This week, I'm experimenting more with Smooch inks and spritz.   The image is from Dog Gone Stamps and I colored her in with Copic markers (my favorite).  After coloring, I made a mask of the image and used Smooch Spritz (grape) to create the background.  I love Smooch Spritz' because of the glimmer you get without lots of splotchiness and you can always make it darker by spraying more layers.  The jewel toned brads match the shades in the dress perfectly (almost like I bought them specifically for this image).  Enjoy.

2 comments:

Kate England | Marmalade Moon said...

Beautiful colours! I love the effect of the spraying too! Fellow class mate from the Craft Blog Tune-Up visiting to say hello and admire your blog! See you in class!

Pat Jandacek said...

Oh, wow! Love that stamp..she's a cutie! Your painting is great, too. The background looks like it's nicely controlled. I've had a lot of trouble with the Glimmer Mists in the same manner you mentioned to Colleen...plotches and completely lack of control. Smooches looks a LOT better.