Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Twilight

Here is another example of a sponged background.  This time, I was trying to create a twilight effect.  In order to produce this type of effect, you need three shades of blue dye ink (light, medium, and dark) and one shade of dark purple.  I used Distress inks.  Begin by sponging the lightest blue with a sponge dauber around the edges and top of your paper.  Follow with the medium blue, then the dark purple.  Finally use the dark blue to blend everything in.  Be sure to use light pressure and go in a circular motion.  It's easy to put more color on, but you can't take it off.  I also sponged  black ink under the bottom of the car.

The roadster, which is a River City Rubber Works image, was stamped on Neenah cardstock and colored with Koh-I-Noor woodless color pencils.  Next time, I'll probably switch to Copics because I like more vibrant colors.   I also used the Sakura Gelly Roll Star Dust pen to make my twinking stars in the night sky.

No comments: