Friday, April 30, 2010

Twinkling H20's

This is the final version of an image I teased you with in this post.  The image is from Stampendous and I purchased mine here.  There are so many possible color combinations with this stamp - spring, summer, fall.  Winter would be a little more challenging - maybe Flower Soft or Liquid Applique?  (Watch for more posts with this image.)

I used Twinking H2O water color cakes  to color in everything.  In order to get more shading, I let each layer dry before adding another layer of color.  Unfortunately, it's really hard to photograph how shimmery this card turned out, but it's really pretty in person.

If you haven't tried Twinking H2O's, they are very cool to use.  I used an aqua brush and got a small section of the pot wet.  Then I began painting my image.  These cake pots will last for years, because such a little amount goes a long way.  Once you have finished with that color, just put the top back on and it will be ready the next time you decide to use it. 


Here is a side view, so you can see the shimmer a little better.

1 comment:

Meg said...

That is a beautiful card even though I can't see the shimmer. I can imagine that it would be very awesome looking with the shimmer. Great job :)