Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer's Over?


This week Raise The Bar is having a fun back to school challenge using your ABC's (animal, brown, clean & simple).  So I decided to use my unbelieving chimp who's wondering where the summer went. 

The image came from My Heart Stamps For You and is perfect for both the "A" and the "B" part of the challenge.  (Since most of my cards fit under the clean and simple category, the "C" part of the challenge was super easy.)  He's stamped and embossed on brown cardstock using Walnut Stain Distress Inks and Distress Embossing Powder.  I then fussy cut him out and adhered him to a light green patterned paper.  

I used my Studio G (very) small alphabet set pegs to write out the saying and a black Spica glitter pen (which looks like this) was used to give it a little bling (although that doesn't show up very well in this photo).  This layer is then adhered to another piece of patterned cardstock that I distressed with a Heidi Swapp edge distresser.  I also threaded some brown ribbon into a large grommet for a bit of an accent.

The final step is to adhere to your base cardstock.  In this case, I decided on a dark green, dry embossed with leaves.

1 comment:

~*Joni said...

Omgoodness Anne, I feel the same way!! Thank you so much for entering into our Design Team search, the other Bar-Tenders and I are enjoying all the wonderful talent and blogs! This card is adorable, thank you so much for joining us in our ABC challenge!
~*Joni RTB DT