Friday, September 10, 2010

Just Because


As most of you who follow my blog know, my preference is to stamp an image, color it, and go from there.  Every now and then, I want to change things up a little.  That's what I did for this card.  I used four or five different manufacturers to make this card.  The owl and branch was fussy cut from a sheet of patterned paper by Pink Paisley; the sentiment was cut from a sheet of kraft paper by My Mind's Eye.  When I adhered the owl, I left the ends of the branches sticking up in the air, for a more dimensional look.  The black patterned paper (it has a very subtle amount of golden yellow running through it) is from Basic Grey and the base cardstock is Bazzill.  The brad that matches the colors of the owl beautifully was in my stash (and I don't know who manufactured it).

So, as you can see, it's pretty easy to mix and match your existing stash to come up with a unique card that doesn't look like it's a cookie-cutter version from a kit. And it doesn't take a lot of time, if you are in a bit of a hurry and need a quick card fast.

On a different note, be sure to look for the Design Divas' Ch{all}enge Masters F{all} themed blog hop that will begin Sept 17.  There will be lots of blog candy at every stop (including here) plus some pretty fantastic grand prizes too (can't tell you what it is yet or it would spoil the fun).

2 comments:

Meg said...

So adorable...I am on an owl kick and I have been even before it became popular. I love the retro feel of this card. I would love to get a card like this just because :)

Anne Temple said...

Hey Meg, send me your address and I'd love to send this to you. My email is icinganne@yahoo.com.