Thursday, January 28, 2010
For this one, I pop dotted the trunk from the Cuttlebugged solid paper and used the same patterned paper for the background as I did for the quilt. I used a walnut ink spritzer to make the paper for the trunk.
There was a lot of cutting for this project, but it was fun to do. I made quite a few other variations as well, but I think you get the idea.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I feel even more vendicated about my hobbies now. I always said that cake decorating and stamping were similar, you just use different mediums (even though I would get funny looks from some). Well, Provo Craft must agree because they unveiled their new Cricut Cake at CHA this past weekend. Based on the little info I have found, it will be a dedicated machine (in Kitchen Aide red) for cutting gum paste and their pre-made icing sheets. It looks really cool, but I don't know if you can make your own gum paste or fondant or if you have to pruchase their sheets. I can't wait to see this new machine in action. Make sure you go check it out at http://www.provocraft.com/ or http://www.cricut.com/. I don't have a picture, but this looks really cool. A great combining of both hobbies.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Here is another example, using the same two images from Unity as the previous post. This time I used the Label Six die from Spellbinders and cut out the embossed flower multiple times, each time using a smaller die. I lined up each layer and pop dotted them for a more dramatic look. I added a few buttons and string to tie it all together.
I saw a similar idea on Sherry Cheever's blog. She used the new soon-to-be-released Labels 11 from Spellbinders and digital paper that she cut multiple times and layered. I wanted to try a variation to that since I don't have the new dies or use digital papers.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Now you have more ways to change your embellishments if you don't like the color, or if you want a more glitzy look.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
For the background paper, I used a technique where you combine Perfect Pearls and spray starch to create a really cool look. If you want details of how to do that, just leave a comment and I'll get back to you. I also used a template to paper pierce a design in the paper and added a small bow to finish it off.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
For the base of the card, I used glossy paper and alcohol inks to make my own background. I mixed greens, purples, and metallic to get a background that coordinated with the patterned paper I used behind the butterfly.