Sunday, May 15, 2011

Winter Fun


For my monthly challenge as Stamping Diva at Challenge Masters, the challenge is to pop dot certain elements of your image (rubber or digital) for added dimension.  It can be the entire image, or just a part of the image. 

Not only did I fussy cut out the Snowman and then pop dot the entire image, I went a step further and pop dotted his arms a second time.  I decided to use this new winter themed digital image from Stamping Dragon Designs for two reasons: our Auzzie friends are just about to welcome cold weather; plus I have a head start on all my Christmas cards.

I covered my Snowman with Cake Sparkles from Wilton.  Yes, this is normally used on cakes and cookies, but I thought the flakes looked a lot like snow, so I decided to try it - and it looks great in person.  The camera doesn't quite capture all the sparkle and shimmer.  I colored the background of the base card with Copic markers and adhered to my patterned paper, which is from Creative Memories that I've had for a long time.

Be sure to check out all the other challenges at Challenge Master.  There are lots to chose from each month and it's free to join.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

This is one sweet card with the cake sparkles! Love it!

jimlynn said...

SOOOO Cute! Love those colors you used and yep, I can see the shimmer and sparkle from here! Great!
Lynn