Monday, January 28, 2013

Never too late...


This Free Spirited Hat Ladies rubber stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle is full of fun images and sentiments.  I've paired Sadie and Gertie with the Never Too Late sentiment.  


Both ladies are colored with Copic markers (Gertie just loves her animal prints!) and then I added Gypsy Red velvet glitter to Sadie's dress, head band, and shoes.  Not to be outdone, Purple Potion velvet glitter is Gertie's favorite color choice for her accessories.  Goldenrod velvet glitter is the finishing touch for their earrings.

The image is then die cut using the Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Sketchbook die.  The backdrop for the girls is actually a recycled piece of copy paper.  Whenever I spritz or spray something with any of the shimmery spritz bottles that on the market, I lay down a piece of white copy paper.  When it's covered with color, I then try to use it in one of my projects.

To create the glittery sentiment, I used Stickum powder  to adhere the Gypsy Red velvet glitter.  (Be sure to read the instructions on how to use this product- but it's easy to do.)

Although I don't use too many flowers on my projects, I decided that was exactly what was needed here.  I created the handmade roses using the Spellbinders' Rose Creations dies and the Foliage die for the leaves.  I added some brushable glue to the edges and sprinkled them with Cloud Nine velvet glitter for a bit of sparkle and the look of morning dew.  The final steps were to add some fibers and a vintage button.

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Morning Anne, this is brilliant, loving the image and the sentiment is just fab. The embellishments are wonderful.

Hugs
Linda xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

fabulous card Anne, I like the fun image the twine and the fab sentiment.
Kevin xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Those two are such a riot! You've glammed them up perfectly!

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, there we go!! Super card Anne, love the fun image and the flowers are perfect!

jimlynn said...

Anne, I LOVE THIS!!!! CUTE image and a wonderful card.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a fun card- I love the sentiment too! The fun outfits with lots of glitter are delightful!

rachel said...

what a fun image Anne - and I love all of your details - fabulous xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Anne - it never hurts to show a little leg, unless of course, you have mine! LOL These old gals look great, so merry and happy - it's great to feel that way, isn't it? Love your shading and colors! de

Brenda said...

What an awesome job you did in coloring this one! Beautiful card

Annie said...

Hi Anne. This is a fun make and what a great idea regarding the shimmer backgrounds. I usually spray in a cardboard box lid, but I love this tip.
You flowers are gorgeous and the glitter adds to the rest of the sparkle.

As always thank you for regular visits and kind comments. Your visits are really appreciated

Hugs
Annie x

nwilliams6 said...

Perfect sentiment - this is totally my plan in a few years (when I for sure plan to not care what anyone thinks about my wardrobe or what I am doing - I am almost there - LOL). Darling card! Love it! Hugz!

Julie Z said...

I love these two gals (have the stamp & haven't used it yet - shame on me!) they're SO fun! Love what you did with them! I ADORE that leopard print you put on the one gal! Great card

E. Marie said...

What a fun card!! Love the mix of colors and embellishments.