Tuesday, January 1, 2013

SNS January sketch challenge


Happy New Year!!  As we celebrate the beginning of 2013, start thinking about the new Creative Challenge from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  We're starting off the year with a sketch challenge, but there will be other types of challenges in the coming months.  You have one month to play along for a chance at winning some fabulous product from the Sparkle N Sprinkle store.


Beccy Muir is the newest designer to be showcasing her images in the SNS store.  I've used the Old Mailbox digital image and resized it just a bit (one of the many things I love about working with digis).  The image is colored with Copic markers and the flowers/stalks beside the mailbox were covered with Evening Glow glitter for some added sparkle.

Next I fussy cut the image out, added dimensional dots underneath and attached it to my card base, which was designed using Basic Grey papers.  I added vintage buttons, rick rack, and used a decorative corner punch on the top two corners.

As you can see, I followed the sketch pretty closely.  It's an easy one, so get busy and be sure to see what the rest of the SNS designers have created for you as well.  There are some really cool ones that you won't want to miss.

10 comments:

rachel said...

gorgeous card Anne - love the image and its beautifully coloured xx

Linda Simpson said...

Loving the image Anne and the beautiful colours you have used. A great sketch too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Brenda said...

Great job on the coloring. That fence post looks so real that you could get a splinter off it LOL...

jimlynn said...

Fabulous card!!!! LOVE your coloring on this too. So pretty.
Lynn

Eret said...

Happy New Year, Anne!
Fantastic card, specially I love your coloring. So stunning.
Hugs. Eret

Karin said...

So lovely and great job on the sketch! Happy New Year!

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, a BEAUTIFUL card. In fact, I've enjoyed all the cards you've made using this image - it's a fun image to do and I can hardly wait to use it, though I don't know if I can do it the justice you have. Was it difficult to make the background? It's stunning - like a brilliant morning wishing the world well! ((hugs))

Brenda said...

Love how you did the blue radiating out from the mailbox!

Brenda said...

Love how you did the blue radiating out from the mailbox!

Julie Z said...

Catching up on some hopping & I just had to tell you how much I love this card! The coloring is just fabulous - you really brought this image to life! Love it Love it Love it!!