Friday, January 4, 2013

Zendoodle Flowers layout


Today I lave a layout that incorporates the Zendoodle Flowers rubber stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle, washi tape, dies, Distress Stains, flock, and lots of glitter.  I have to say right off the bat how hard it is to capture all the dimension and sparkly glitter that's on this page.  So I've got several photos to try to do just that.

 The first thing I did was to add some texture/interest to my solid piece of cardstock by applying Distress Stains (Picked Raspberry) directly to a piece of bubble wrap and randomly laying it down on the cardstock.  For the doily (from Cheery Lynn Designs), I applied the Distress Stains to my craft sheet, spritzed it with water, and ran my white cardstock through the puddles.  This gave it the contrast I was looking for.









I ran a leaf ribbon up the left side of the page and added the Zendoodle Daisy and Zendoodle Leaf multiple times (after fussy cutting each of them out).  I also added the Stem Daisy around the photos.  All of the flower heads are pop dotted for added dimension, as well as one of the butterflies.  The rest of the butterflies are stamped directly onto the cardstock base.  My sentiment is from Die-Versions Make-a-date die. (Since the dates don't go back that far, I cut and pasted the year together.)  The banner is both washi tape wrapped around a piece of twine and glittered Tear-ific tape (see how to do this here in the SNS Tips and Techniques section).

For more detailed instructions, you can visit the SNS gallery, here.


17 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Fun page, I like those rub ons and the colors are wonderful. I have missed you! Sadly, my computer problems continue and I won't be back for a week or two (the computer doctor is on vacation and I am working a ton of overtime at work). My youngest daughter has decided to go to UAB so we will seriously need to get together sometime soon! Hope your holidays were wonderful! Hugz!

Tammy said...

Wow, wow, wow! Incredible layout! Love the idea of getting all messy with bubble wrap.

Eret said...

That is so amazing. I love the idea to use bubble wrap as a stamp. It looks fabulous. Love your layout.
Hugs.Eret

Linda Simpson said...

This is awesome Anne! I do love the layout and the gorgeous colour you have used. Using bubble wrap to create your background is a fabulous idea.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Petra said...

Bubble wrap, who would have thought? Genius Anne! Love the colours :)

April said...

So cheery and pretty! I love how you did the flowers.

Annie said...

Happy New Year Anne and best wishes for 2013. I have just been browsing your fab makes in December ....which are absolutely fab. Amazing dies and lots of glitter!!!!! ( just spent ages sweeping glitter up today after taking the tree down. )
Must try the bubble wrap technique as I love the texture and the doily looks great too.

Crafty hugs Anne and thank you for your visits and kind comments, which give me encouragement.

Annie x

rachel said...

beautiful LO Anne - and loe the pictures too - gorgeous xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful page Anne, I like the layout, the flowers are lovely and I like the washi tape bunting
Kevin xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, This is just awesome, love the pictures. Great job with the washi tape love what you did with it, very creative. Your page has so much to look at that I just love. Totally amazing how you did the background with the distress stains and it looks great and just love the flowers and how you created the vine look. Thanks so much for sharing all these wonderful ideas.
Hugs, Patricia

Donna Ellis said...

Such an inspirational layout, Anne, with "exciting" bright colors and textures. The photos are adorable, and resemble some in my family's stash as well. The stamped images look fabulous done as a dimensional border.

jimlynn said...

WOW! Anne, this is outstanding! Love that deep, bright pink doily and all the wonderful flowers. So creative and pretty!
lynn

Joan Ervin said...

Thud!!!! That was my jaw dropping on the floor...thie is absolutely fabulous, Anne!!!! I looove how you added the texture with the bubble wrap and using the doily as the matting is such a genius idea...I love the stamps and washi tape banner, too!!!!

Brenda said...

Love how you added the flowers and leaves to the vine! The tape banner - awesome - such a lovely layout!!!

Julie Z said...

Great layout Anne! Love the flower vine going up the side. And the sparkly banner is awesome!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving all of the variety in your creativity! Awesome layout- love the way you have highlighted the images- love the bubble wrap technique.

Jude said...

what a fun card! thanks for sharing the idea!