Friday, February 22, 2013

Mallards

Surprise Pop Up card - closed
Today is the beginning of a new challenge from Pattie's Creations and we want to see your Fancy Folds!  I used on of the new images - Mallards from Pattie's Etsy shop.  When I saw this fun Surprise Pop Up card fold on Karalee's blog a few months ago, I knew I wanted to try it.  You can find the tutorial here at Splitcoast Stampers.  I did have to adjust the measurements to accomodate the size of my image.


I colored the image with Copic markers and used Pan Pastels for the background.  When you pull on the tap at the top, it reveals a hidden message below.  I stamped and heat embossed the Happy Birthday with Forest Green embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Surprised Pop Up card - opened (front view)
Here's a view from the side, so you can see the way the mechanism works a bit better.  The image was cut out using a Spellbinders die.  In order to get the matting behind the image, I traced the die onto brown cardstock and hand cut it out since the image itself was cut using the largest die in the set.
Surprise Pop Up card - opened (side view)
I added Dark Chocolate flock to the cat tails for more dimension.  A vintage button and some twine finished out the card nicely.


You have two weeks to create a Fancy Fold card and upload it to the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.  The rules are on the blog, but the main thing to remember is that you must use a digital or rubber stamped image on your project.  Be sure to see what other inspiring fancy folds the rest of the design team has for you too.

I'm also entering this in the follow challenges: Oozak (favorite colors); Divas by Design (fancy folds), 7 Kids College Fund (birthdays).

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful image and you've colored it to perfection! Such great detail! Love your pop up card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the pop up card Anne. Great masculine card!

rachel said...

gorgeous pop up Anne - and that image is just brilliant xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Anne, I like the design, and the ducks.
Kevin xx

Linda Simpson said...

Great pop up card Anne! Loving the mallards and gorgeous colours.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Fabulous pop up card! Love that image and you've colored them to perfection! So very pretty.
Lynn

Karen said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund.

Karen

Sandra DeFalco said...

Anne - I love the color of the male duck, especially his head, so real-looking! Great idea to make a pop-up card too!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

What a lovely scene, Anne...the mallards are colored beautifully and I love the pop up design!!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

A wonderful, masculine easel card, Anne! Looks beautiful!

Pattie G said...

Oh Anne... I love how you colored my Mallard image... What a great Surprise pop Up Card!

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Barbara Bruder said...

Boy I really like your card. The image is really great for a guy card. Pretty colors, too.

Shannon White said...

Sper Masculine Birthday card!! Love the image and the fun pop up feature! So glad you could join us at 7Kids College Fund! 8-)