Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Birthday Wishes



I have to say that I think this Silhouettes stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle is one of my favorites as it is so versatile.

For this birthday card, I started out with a vintage book page and I heat embossed the image with Clear Detail embossing powder.  Then out came the Distress Inks (Vintage Photo and Gathered Twig) and I just started adding ink to the paper with my blending tool.  Once I was happy with the results, I wiped a paper towel over the embossed area to get the excess ink off.  (This is called the clear resist technique).   I colored a few pearls with my Copic marker, added a bit of yarn and adhered it to my panel.  The sentiment is heat embossed with Brown Fizz embossing powder.  Even though the image is flowers, I think it has a nice masculine feel to it.


9 comments:

rachel said...

I love this stamp too Anne - gorgeous card xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Yes, definitely a favorite of mine too! Love the look that you achieved with stamping on top of print. Looks great!

Eret said...

It's truly beautiful. I love this technique. Fabulous card, Anne.
Hugs
Eret

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! Love the way you stamped the image over the book page. The colors are so rich and elegant looking!
Lynn

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome emboss resist card! Love the colors and the random pearls! Beautifully done!

Linda Simpson said...

Love the resist technique on the printed background. Great Birthday card.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Annie said...

Hi Anne....... My son brought my iPad over and it's great to be catching up with everyone. Thanks for your kind wishes, they are truly appreciated. Just been having a catch up with posts I have missed and love them all.

Take care and crafty hugs

Annie x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the technique and love the book page text that shows- so pretty!

nwilliams6 said...

Ok I am going to have to try this as it came out wonderful! I am putting this in my favs so I can come back. Love the technique and your card came out so cool! Hugz!