Monday, May 4, 2015

Angel


During the month of May, the Designers at Sparkle N Sprinkle are sharing various techniques using Dreamweaver stencils.  Today, I want to share the Angel stencil and the technique I used was to dry emboss with it.  You could use a light box and trace around the stencil, but I used my die cutting machine.

Everyone's sandwich for dry embossing with a stencil will vary depending on the machine used.  I use a Grand Calibur and my sandwich for this technique is:

  1. Base Plate A 
  2. Stencil
  3. Card stock
  4. Silicone Mat
  5. Fun Foam (cut to size of base plate)
  6. Embossing Plate B (the pink one)

Once the image was dry embossed onto my cardstock, I treated it as if it were a stamped image and colored it with my Copic markers.  This gives you the same effect as no-lines stamping.

After the image was complete, I placed the stencil back on the image and I added a thin layer of white embossing paste to the angel's wings and to the dove.  Remove the stencil (drop in a bucket of sudsy water) and cover the wet embossing paste with  Sparkling Snow glitter.  Allow this to completely dry.  I also added some Golden Silver glitter to the halo (using a Sakura glue pen) and Goldenrod glitter to the star.  (Tip: you could have used SNS Dimensional glue and get the same results.  You have to be careful not to squeeze to hard in the narrow areas.)

My background is a piece of fabric that I adhered to cardstock.  I added some SNS Brushable glue to the edges, smeared it inward with my fingertip and then covered the glue with Cloud Nine velvet glitter for a sparkly edge.  I also added Cloud Nine to my die cut sentiment (from Die-Versions).

Red velvet ribbon and gold mirrored cardstock for the base finish the card of nicely.

13 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is gorgeous Anne. Yet another technique for these awesome Dreamweaver stencils! Love the fabric background too.

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne this is stunning!! I love, love the beautiful fabric background!! It's the perfect backdrop for the gorgeous angel!! I love her sparkly wings!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and such gorgeousness in the background! Really stunning!

sallysbitz2 said...

Lovely card and some great techniques x

hugs sally x
http://sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Lori Kobular said...

Absolutely gorgeous Angel!! Love the background too!

Donna Ellis said...

wow! are you a mad scientist in disguise? inventing marvelous new ways for us to use stencils, embossing paste, and our stash? LOL Thank you for showing the sandwich for the GC in embossing our stencils! This is gorgeous (I love your coloring and shading!) hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

WOW I am loving the background it looks stunning! Gorgeous angel too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Stunning card Anne!! I absolutely adore that beautiful background but the image is highlighted so perfect. Beautiful!!!
Lynn

rachel said...

gorgeous Angel Anne - the wings look beautiful and that backing is awesome x

Lena said...

Oh wow, Anne, this is gorgeous. Love the angel and the pretty fabric you used as a backing for this card. Beautiful colouring.
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Jacee said...

So gorgeous Anne, love the colourful background and the fabulous angel.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous technique, Anne! Love that background. The angel's wings and the dove are magnificent. Love the ribbon.

Shirley said...

What a wonderful choice for a stencil. I really like how you detailed how you did it. A beautiful job of painting and shading too!