Monday, July 27, 2015

Cheers



Today's card features the Die-Versions Mixed Drinks die and is a bright, fun card which would be perfect for celebrating just about anything.

To start off, I die cut the image twice from white cardstock and once from black fun foam.  I kept all the negative pieces from the first die cut and colored these with Copic markers.  Sunny Daze glitter was also added to the flower centers and Glossy Accents was added to the drinks.

After coloring the second die cut with Copic markers, I adhered this layer over the die cut with all negative pieces, automatically giving me extra dimension.  A trick I learned from my fellow team mate, Lisa, was to add a "shadow" die cut. (Thanks, Lisa.)  Instead of black cardstock, the image was die cut from black fun foam, my favorite way to add dimension without having to worry about cutting down dimensional dots to fit the space.

The corrugated circle was recycled from a cookie tin and Fireworks Ink spray (Dandelion) gave it a fun, vibrant color.  The background layer was created using Bister wood stains on regular cardstock and a water brush.


My sentiment was die cut using the DV Cuppycake font, colored with Copic markers, and then covered with Glossy Accents.


10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love this fun card! Love the glossy accents and glitter ~ it really shines!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous fun card and loving the dimension on the cocktails.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

How festive and yummy! I can smell the citrus and feel the sun warming my face! Wonderful card design!

rachel said...

what a lovely colourful and fun make Anne - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

Jacee said...

Lovely colourful card Anne
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so fabulous, Anne!! I love how you colored everything!! The glossy accents add such amazing shine!! What a perfect summer card this is!! I love, love it!! And after seeing this, I now need the mixed drinks die!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annie said...

A gorgeous and colourful card Anne. Love the layout and those dies are just fabulous.

Sending my best wishes
Annie xx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what a fun set of dies, Anne! I'm so ready for something tall and cool. We're back in the 100+F temps today and looking at another 6 or 7 days of Hot, Hot, HOT!

Pia S said...

Yummy! Love this tropical look. Would love a drink like that now. Summery and cheerful, fab layout.

Donna said...

What a gorgeous, cheery card and great tips, appreciate your sharing!