Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Hello tag (Scrapy Land #21)

(I have two posts today.  If you are looking for the Sparkle N Sprinkle July New Reveal, please click here, or scroll down.  Thanks)


For the new Scrapy Land Challenge #21, I decided to create a tag around a "flower" watercolor image I created using Ken Oliver's Color Bursts.

I had just received my set of Color Bursts and started playing around with these fun products.  The results of my very first attempt was the above impressionist flower.  I was even using a piece of scrap watercolor paper....just to see what happened.  I know I will probably never create another blob of colors that remind me of a flower, but I know I'll keep trying :-).  Hopefully you can see the "flower" too.

The dies used in this project are:

Elizabeth Craft Designs: Tags and More 3 - Leaves
Sue Wilson Designs: Finishing Touches - Delicate Fronds
Sue Wilson Designs: Dandelion Clocks
Taylored Expressions: Banner Stacklets 2
Cheery Lynn Designs: Mini Flourish one
Penny Black: Doodles
Heartfelt Creations: Blazing Poppy die
(If the items aren't showing up in the store, they may be out of stock.  So be sure to check back often.)

I die cut the tag using the Elizabeth Craft Designs die out of kraft paper and the leaves inserts out of green cardstock that was dry embossed using a Crafters Companion embossing folder (Leaf Vein).

The handmade flowers are from a rubber stamp by Heartfelt Creations (Blazing Poppy Petals), are colored with Copic markers, and then die cut using the Blazing Poppy die.  I added Black Ice glitter to the centers of each flower as well as a gem once each of these were formed and glued together.  The greenery was die cut using the Sue Wilson Designs dies and the Cheery Lynn die.  My sentiment was from Penny Black and the black matting behind the watercolor "flower" was die cut using the Taylored Expressions banner die.

I also hand died a piece of seam binding ribbon using the same Copic colors that were used to color the flower formed flowers.

You have until July 12 to upload your project to the Scrapy Land Challenge.  Be sure to visit the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created for this challenge.  The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to go shopping at Scrapy Land.  We can't wait to see what you create using dies and other supplies you have on hand.


13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful, love the background and gorgeous flowers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this tag is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the watercolor flower and those poppies are perfect and I love all the greenery!

jimlynn said...

WOW! The Color Burst in the tag look like a flower! So very pretty. LOVE IT!
Lynn

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I totally see the flower and it's amazing!! I love the colors!! The entire tag is so gorgeous, Anne!! The flowers and greenery are fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jacee said...

Gorgeous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, So striking, I'm in love with your tag it is just stunning and love your colors and the flowers are amazing.
Hugs, Pat♥

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is amazing Anne! Love the poppies, both the die cuts and the one in the center of the tag! All your different die cuts have made up such a beautiful project, with lovely detail and texture.

NanaConnie said...

I love that magnificent 'flower' tag, Anne! Incredible work with the Color Bursts.

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, Anne - this just pops off the screen! What a wonderful burst of color and the detailing - off the charts! This is one magnificent tag :)

nwilliams6 said...

Love that burst of colors and your flowers are gorgeous! This is so well done Anne!!!! Hugz

Diane said...

Wow Anne, this is fabulous...a beautiful tag..the flowers are gorgeous...and yes, I can see a flower image...how cool is that!! Now you make me want more colors of this!

Donna said...

This is gorgeous, those color bursts are beautiful and like your flower!

Patricia Chalas said...

Oh waoo, Anne it's amazing!! I love the colors!!