Monday, September 7, 2015

Surfin' Woody


The theme this month at Sparkle N Sprinkle is Beach related stamp sets.   I used Surfin' Woody and lots of masking to create today's card.  If you are unfamiliar with the masking technique, you stamp the image in the foreground first.  Stamp it again on a scrap pice of paper and fussy cut it out.  Temporarily adhere it over the stamped image and then stamp your second layer, in this case the hammock and trees, and repeat the process if you are stamping a third image.  For this card, both the car and the trees had to be masked to create my fence border.
I used watercolor paper and all the images were stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed using Black Detail embossing powder. Everything was then colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, including the water and the sky.  It's hard to see in the photo, but Sparkling Coffee Sparkle N Soft flocking was also added to the coconuts.
I created a frame for my beach scene using a couple Spellbinders Grand Square dies and white cardstock.  I used the Glueless Glitter technique, along with Clear embossing powder, to decorate the frame with Cobalt Glaze velvet glitter.  
The card front is actually a piece of recycled mail that a friend of mine received.  It was made from heavy cardstock and was a promotional piece.  She saw me eyeing it, and knowing that I love stuff like that, asked me if I would like to have it :-).  I thought it was perfect for this fun-in-the-sun scene.  I added 1/8" Tear-ific Tape around the edges and covered it with more Cobalt Glaze velvet glitter.

My sentiment, which is part of the set, was stamped onto a piece of white cardstock die cut using a Sizzix die (Tim Holtz: Labels) with Black Detail embossing powder.  Some Zig watercolor brushes were used to give it color.  Once I was happy with the color, I covered the entire piece with VersaMark and Clear embossing powder.  Before heat setting it though, I sprinkled on a little Sparkling Snow glitter so that it would sparkle. As the embossing powder melts, it adheres the glitter beautifully.



14 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is awesome Anne. You did a great job with the masking on your beach scene. Fabulous way to highlight the sentiment too.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous scene you have created and loving the sparkle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous, Anne!! I love the beachy scene you've created!! All of the sparkle is gorgeous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jacee said...

Fabulous card Anne, love the scene!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne I like the scene and the sentiment
Kevin xx

Donna said...

This is just stunning Anne, love every detail and that saying is priceless!

Lori Kobular said...

Love that old car stamp with that sentiment! Great card!

Sandy said...

Well -- what about us old ladies?
sandy xx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, my goodness, a blast from my childhood past! California beaches and woodies with surfboards on top, oh, yes. :-D Fabulous card, Anne.

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, This is gorgeous, love the scene. Lots of sparkle and thanks for the video I really enjoyed it. Great job on the water.
Hugs, Pat♥

Lena said...

I'm so impressed with this card, Anne. Only you could come up with a card full of sparkle and shine and still make it look very masculine :-) You're a star!
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this fun beach scene- and hope you saved all of your masks you cut! Great colors- wish I was there..... Oh- also love the shimmery border and the embossed sentiment : )

MiamiKel said...

I love this card, Anne! You have captured the essense of Miami with this one! Such a fun beach scene, and I remember those old woodies being on the road when we lived in Cali :)

wannabcre8tive said...

This is just too cute. I love it.