Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Cute {Scrapy Land Challenge #34}




Today is the third Wednesday of the month (can you believe it?) and that means it's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge.  The theme for this bi-monthly challenge is Love is in the Air! (Romance/Valentine's), plus use any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.

For my project, I started out with some red foil paper (which is gorgeous in person, but very hard to photograph). and went from there.  The background hearts are from Die-Versions (Hearts Background) as is the Cute center (Sweet Hearts - Cute), and the Cupid.  The larger heart in the center is an older die by Lifestyle Crafts (Nesting Hearts) but any heart shape will work and Scrapy Land has a number of heart shapes.  After I die cut it, I added a white edge around it with my Sharpie white marker.

The Cute center was heat embossed with Sparkle embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  It gives the card an extra bit of bling without being over the top.

A touch of lace and a bow complete my Valentine's card.

Head on over to the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog to see what amazing creations the rest of the team has created!  You have until Jan 31 to upload your Romantic/Valentine's card and the winner, which is chosen by the team, will receive a $15 gift certificate to go shopping at Scrapy Land.


17 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great card Anne. Love the red foil paper idea. The heart background die is awesome and your little Cupid is the perfect finish to this beauty!

Samra said...

Stunningly elegant card Anne! Love it!
Hugs

Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Donna Ellis said...

Wowser! Anne, this is gorgeous, and I can imagine how pretty it is in person with the red foil papers! Your little hearts within hearts within hearts motif is fantastic, and the red lace is pretty! The distress edges on the black CS look great, too! hugs, de

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning card Anne ! Love this red foil paper , and the heart Die is Awesome

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous, Anne!! The red foil looks amazing in pictures, I bet it is so beautiful in person!! I Love how you outlined the heart with your sharpie - what a fabulous touch!! The cupid is so cute!! I love, love this!! Stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

I love the vintage look to your beautiful Valentine's Day card! That heart background die is beautiful and I love cupid!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful Valentine's day card! Love the little cupid.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kathy Krug said...

Your paper is gorgeous and so is the design. The cupid is perfect on your bow and I love the background die. Very elegant.

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really beautiful Anne, I like the design all the red and the cupid
Kevin xx

Nancy Hill said...

Another beautiful card Anne. Love the red and cute cupid.

Lena said...

What a gorgeous and elegant card, Anne. Love that beautiful red paper and the beautiful dies you used. Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs ~ Lena

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous card, Anne, and I adore that darling little cupid! Marvelous use of red, white, and sparkle.

Karen Hasheck said...

Responding to your lovely comment on my blog- I love these Tonic dies too! And the cling wrap technique is a favorite- Here is a link to where I learned about it: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/120682464992038444/ sorry- it is on YouTube but I can't get that link- search for Eileen Godwin Brushos #2 if this pinterest link does not work. She puts the cling wrap on the glossy paper I think, but the one you like, you put the Brushos (or other pigment powders) spritzed with water (or glimmer mist) in the crinkled cling wrap, then put the glossy paper in that and fold it up and wait about 15 minutes. Be sure to share if you try it:)

Patricia St Martin said...

Oh my goodness Anne this card is fantastic! I love everything about it. Where did you find red foil paper? If is amazing! This looks like you have stuffed the heart, love the lace and the beautiful heart background.
Hugs Pat

Diane said...

Okay, now you have me wanting these dies with your beautiful card....love it, love it!!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

The red foil is gorgeous, Anne. And wow- what a stunning card. So beautiful with lovely details. Loving the cupid die!
Have a great day! Hugs

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Love colours combo and dies :) Hugs