After die cutting the jar, I heat embossed it with Clear embossing powder. I also wanted the jar to look solid, so I traced around the die itself and fussy cut it out. Then I added more clear embossing powder to this. I wanted a cracked finish and started out to use the Cracked Glass technique but then I remembered I had an old jar of Distress Crackle Paint. To be honest, I wasn't sure it would work on top of the embossing, but I added a very thick layer and let it air dry. It worked beautifully, but don't over bend the die cut or some may flake off.
The right panel is watercolored using Nuance powders. I was playing around with these powders and had some leftovers, so I combined them all onto watercolor paper (hoping I wouldn't get mud). I liked the way it turned out and set it on my desk. Much to my happy surprise, it matched the Ginger Jar (that was also sitting on my desk) perfectly.
The DV Fortune Cookie font was used to create my sentiment. It was die cut twice: once from black cardstock (to create the shadow) and once from the same paper as the Ginger Jar was die cut from. I also added some Spectrum Noir Sparkle glitter markers (clear) to the letters for a bit of bling. If you haven't tried these new markers yet, I think you will really like them. The sparkle they give is really amazing and you can blend colors with them too. Embroidery floss and vintage buttons add the finishing touches to my card.
If you'd like to receive 15% off the everyday prices of Die-Versions, just add the following code when you get ready to check out: anne15. You will automatically receive 15% off your total purchase (and who doesn't love getting discounts!).