Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Oriental Lantern


Instead of creating a card for today's post, I decided to create a book mark.  I know more and more people are using electronic devices to read now, me included, but I still prefer to read an old fashioned book.

To create my book mark, I started out with one of the new Asian themed dies from Die-Versions, Oriental Lantern.  I die cut this twice: once from white cardstock and once from red fun foam.

To color the lantern, I used my new Spectrum Noir Sparkle glitter markers.  The amount of sparkle and shine these markers have are amazing (much better than my other glitter markers).  I also used a Gold Leafing pen on the sections colored in gold.

The patterned paper is from Graphic 45 (Birdsong) and the sentiment is one I found online by googling Chinese proverbs.

When trying to figure out my design, I knew I wanted something a little more that just a basic rectangle.  So I added a flip element to it.  That way, the book mark can be used as you normally would, or you could flip part it over the page you are reading.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team is creating using these new Asian themed dies.  And don't forget to use the code anne15 to get 15% off the everyday sales prices on your total Die-Versions order.


8 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful bookmark Anne! Love how you embellished that pretty lantern!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous design and wonderful bookmark.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Anne!! The lantern looks amazing!! I love the colors!! The flip design of the bookmark is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

rachel said...

this is beautiful Anne - love the die and love the saying too xx

MiamiKel said...

Oh ANNE!! I cannot tell you how much I adore this!!!! What an incredible bookmark, surely designed to grace the pages of whatever book it holds ♥ The colors are dynamic! What a beautiful and intrique die - as an avid book reader, this just made me smile :) Hugs!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful!!! Yes, there's just something about holding a real book and some of the time that's exactly what I prefer! LOVE this!
Lynn

Lena said...

Beautiful bookmark, Anne. Love the Chinese lantern and you decorated it. Goes perfectly with your sentiment. No matter how technology advances, there's nothing like holding a real book and getting immersed in the story while sipping on a delicious cup of coffee :-) Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs,
Lena

NanaConnie said...

I love bookmarks, Anne, and this one is spectacular! What a wonderful oriental lantern. Great color combo. I still love books over electronic readers. There's something comforting about the feel of the cover and the paper,and the way the binding creaks and crackles as you turn pages or open and close the book. :-D