Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Christmas Wreath {Scrapy Land Challenge #46}


A new Scrapy Land Challenge begins today and the theme for the new challenge is:

Emboss It! (Heat or Dry) Plus use any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.

I have another Christmas card to share with you today.  I'm trying to get a little ahead so that I'm not in such a crunch to get all my cards completed in November.  (Probably wishful thinking - but every little bit helps :-). )  My card incorporates both heat embossing (the bow and the snow drifts) as well as dry embossing (the window frame).

The dies used to create this card are:


Cheery Lynn Designs: Ornamental Wreath with Bow
Taylored Expressions: Birch Tree Border
Marianne Designs: Window with Snow Drifts (Scrapy Land special promotion)

From time to time, Scrapy Land has special promotions featuring European die companies that aren't readily available to get in the US.  I purchased this Marianne Designs die during one of those promotions.  (Be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you'll know when these special events happen.)

This card has lots of layers and dimension, and you can see it better from this angle:


This is really an easy card to assemble.  Start out by die cutting all the pieces.  I heat embossed the snow drifts with Velvet Sparkle embossing powder and dry embossed the window frame with a Crafters Companion embossing folder (Wood Grain).  The wreath was die cut from green cardstock and then "enhanced" with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle marker and Nuvo Glitter Drops (Ruby Slipper).  I die cut the bow from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  You could also die cut it from red cardstock.

Now it's time to assemble the layers.  Beginning with the bottom layer, I added my patterned paper to the card base, then the birch trees.  Next I adhered the snow drifts to the back of the window panes and added dimensional tape along the back edges of the window.  The final step was to adhere the wreath and bow to the front of the window.  I also used a small pop dot for the bow.

You have until July 31st to upload your Emboss It! project to the Scrapy Land Challenge.  The winner, chosen by the design team, will receive a $15 gift certificate to go shopping at Scrapy Land.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the talented Designers have created for this challenge.  I know you you'll be inspired.


11 comments:

Samra said...

Oh Anne, this is stunning! Now I need to get that wreath die! What a way to start on Christmas card stash!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome Christmas card! I love the wreath and the trees and the snow!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning, Anne!! I love, love the design!! It's so beautiful!! I need to get the wreath die and the Marianne die so I can recreate this!! Gorgeous my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annie said...

Such a fabulous Christmas card Anne x love that bark behind the window and the fabulous wreath x
Once I reach the middle of August birthdays and other anniversaries are over for a few months so I am going to try and start my Christmas cards xx

Sending my best wishes
Annie x

Patricia Chalas said...

Wonderful christmas card... I can't believe that xmas is coming already!!

Nancy Hill said...

Anne - beautiful wreath and background. Just gorgeous. Hugs Nancy

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Anne, I love all the dies you have used
Kevin xx

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Hi Anne , a Wonderfull idea for a chrismas card !!love the MD Die .
Stunning card
Hugs
Maryvonne

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic wreath and bow, Anne! Love the sugary sparkle on the bow and the trees thru' the window are really delightful. They just seem to shout winter and holidays. Well done!

Donna Ellis said...

Love your scene, Anne!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful Christmas card! I love the wreath~The sparkle looks awesome to!
Sherrie k