Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Merry Christmas


I've created another Christmas card using the lovely Elegant Poinsettia die and the Merry Christmas Sweet Wordlet die from Die-Versions today.

I wanted to keep it simple and flat for easy mailing, so I die cut the Elegant Poinsettia twice, once from the gold cardstock and once from white cardstock, and used the inlay technique.  I've saved the gold poinsettia for future use and used the negative portion for the background.  The Glueless Glitter technique was used to create the sparkle on the main image.  This is a super easy technique and so much quicker than trying to add glue to a die cut.  First, heat emboss your die cut with embossing powder.  I usually use clear, but today I used Ranger's White Pearls embossing powder.  Once this is heat set, cover the die cut again with VersaMark and then with your favorite glitter color.  I used Sparkling Snow from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  (It's a semi-transparent glitter so I knew a bit of the White Pearls would show through. )  Heat set the die cut again and all the glitter magically melts into the embossing powder :-).

For the leaves that are inlayed into the focal image, I added Spectrum Noir Glitter (Crystal Clear) markers for a different kind of sparkle.  I wanted them to stand out from the rest of the die cut.

If you'd like to receive 15% off any future Die-Versions everyday prices (and who doesn't like to save money - especially when there's no catch), be sure to use the code anne15 in the coupon box at checkout.


6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Nice subtle difference between the two whites in the inlaid poinsettia. Very pretty card.

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and shiny! Great design for a Christmas card and just stunning!
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I like the design and the colours
Kevin xx

Lena said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty papers and the sparkle.
Hugs,
Lena

NanaConnie said...

Ooo, loving how you inlaid the dies, Anne! The bright white against the kraft is spectacular.

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

So pretty! I love inlaid dies and your card really looks great this way!