Thursday, January 26, 2017

she said YES


Today's card showcases several dies from Die-Versions.  The Heart Proposal die was recently released and I thought it paired well with the Express Edge "Save the Date" die.  The sentiment uses the Curly Fries font die.

I started out by die cutting the Heart proposal twice, once from Sticker Paper and once from white cardstock.  I fussy cut out the couple, added adhesive with a Nuvo Glue pen and allowed the glue to dry a bit and become tacky.  Once it was tacky to the touch, I added Nuvo Gilding Flakes (Sunkissed Copper) to the couple and then adhered them on top of the exposed adhesive from the Sticker Paper die cut.

Remove all the backing paper from the Sticker Paper die cut and cover the entire thing with a piece of Deco Foil. To make sure it was well adhered, I burnished it into the adhesive with my fingertip.  It works beautifully and I didn't need a laminating machine 😀.  Although in the photo it looks as if the heart portion is both copper colored as well as red, it's the reflection from the Gilding Flakes.

Before die cutting the Save The Date die cut and the letters from the Curly Fries font I applied VersaMark and Candlelight embossing powder to a piece of scrap paper and heat set it.  The I die cut the Express Edge as well as the specific letters I wanted.  To make the "YES" stand out a bit more, I colored it with a marker and then rubbed some of it off.  This way the copper colored background still shows through a bit.

This layer was adhered to a piece of mirrored cardstock and as a finishing touch, a strip of tulle with a knot tied into it was added to the bottom.  (Tie the knot...get it 😂😂😂.  Sorry - couldn't resist!)

Be sure to visit the Die-Versions blog to see what the rest of the team has created for you.  And remember, you can always get an extra 15% off your Die-Versions purchases (everyday sales price) when you use the code anne15.


10 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful card made with some wonderful products for sure!! Love, love all the pretty shine this has!! Have a happy day and enjoy your son!!

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and romantic looking. I know it shines too!
Lynn

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne, this is amazing!! I absolutely love the shimmer and sparkle!! The dies you used are all perfect together!! I had to LOL at the tied knot ;) So clever!! Love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

I love all the layers and dies you used to make this lovely card!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Anne- this is so beautiful!!

Julia Sandvoss said...

What a great card and thank you for using our Deco Foil for the perfect touch of shine!

Lena said...

Wow Anne, what a beautiful and elegant card! Love all the sparkle and shine and of course the tulle ribbon is the perfect finishing touch.
Hugs,
Lena

April said...

Gorgeous card! I love it!

Annie said...

this is a beautiful card with stunning details Anne

Love it !!

TFS and Best Wishes
Annie xx

Sherrie K. said...

This is so beautiful! I love the way you showcased the heart proposal die. The background is so pretty and I love the sparkle:) Beautiful card!
Sherrie K