Monday, February 20, 2017

Teacup Pansies


The new Teacup Pansies set from Sparkle N Sprinkle is so pretty and I had lots of different ideas on how to use this set.  For today's card, I used the digi version, mainly so I could make my sentiment be the focal point and the image as the embellishment (albeit a rather large embellishment).

I printed the image twice so that I could fussy cut the flowers from one of the printed images and then pop dot them on top of main image.  Both the flowers and the teacup were colored with Copics before adding anything else.

I started out by adding some tacky glue (Nuvo Glue pen) to the border and the small dots at the top of the teacup. Then Nuvo Gilding Flakes (Radiant Gold) was applied to the glue once it was tacky to the touch.  Next, I added several layers of Super Thick Clear embossing powder to the teacup.  After placing the teacup in the freezer for about 20 minutes, I took it out and cracked the embossing powder (the cracked glass technique) so that fine lines would appear.  A little Distress Ink gives highlights to the cracks.

Eggplant glitter was added to the throats of the pansies and Lady Luck glitter gives the leaves extra bling.

The Decorative Border die (by Heartsfelt Creations) was used for the background.  I die cut this twice, once from purple cardstock and once from white cardstock and then offset the purple from the white, giving it a light shadow effect.

The sentiment was die cut using a Taylored Expressions die (Banner Stacklets 2) and then I outlined the letters with a Sakura glue pen.  More Eggplant glitter was then added to the letters.

A Nuvo Glue Pen (small tip) was used to outline the border of the sentiment die cut.  Once the glue felt tacky to the touch, I adhered more Radiant Gold gilding flakes.  The large tip Nuvo Glue Pen was used to add strips of glue to the focal layer and once it was tacky to the touch, Radiant Gold was added.


10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful coloring on those gorgeous pansies - my very favorite flower too! Love you pretty card
Lynn

Shona Erlenborn said...

This came out really nice Anne! Love the teacup and the use of Radiant Gold.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Anne!! The teacup of flowers is so beautiful!! I love the colors and the design!! The ribbon along the bottom is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Such a cool technique! I am gonna have to heat emboss and freeze now too,to try this out. It is gorgeous on your teacup. The gilding flakes and glitter are beautiful too! Love this!!

Lena said...

Beautiful car, Anne. I had no idea that you could crack embossing poweder by putting it in the freezer. Thank you, my friend for the tutorial. Very cool! Love the tea cup and the card layout!
Have a wonderful day ~ Lena xxx

Donna Ellis said...

wowow! HOW GORGEOUS, Anne! Love the cracked glass technique, and your brilliant colors! FABULOUS design! Wishing you a great week! hugs, de

Lori Kobular said...

Your pansies are gorgeous! I love them, they are always one of the first flowers in spring and they always make me smile! Your card is stunning!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Annie, your card is quiet lovely ♥

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what gorgeous pansies and teacup, Anne! Love the sparkle, especially in the flower centers.

Donna said...

What a gorgeous design and coloring Anne!