Monday, February 6, 2017

Wee Bit of Luck




I have another fun St. Patrick's Day card to share with you today.  I actually used two of the new release stamp sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle: Luck of the Irish Enchantress (both the digi version and the rubber version) and Rory's Lucky Clover (for the sentiment).

I started out with the digi version and added the rows of clovers on either side of the image.   Once my scene was printed, I colored the images with Copic markers.  I added Irish Sparkle Sparkle N Soft flock to all of the clovers by first applying Dimensional Glue and then the flock. Irish Sparkle was also added to the clover on her bow as well as the pony-tail holders that keep her braided hair together.  I kept the pile of flock on the dimensional glue overnight and the next morning, I put the excess back in the bottle.  I find that when I do it this way, the color of the flock seems to be a bit deeper.



Celestial glitter was added to the gold coins in the pot of gold and Pine Grove tinsel glitter gives the grass a bit of sparkle and dimension.

The sentiment was heat embossed with Forest Green embossing powder.  The frame around the sentiment is actually the negative portion I kept from cutting out a Tonic Studios die (Retro Birthday).  Before adhering the sentiment to the frame, I heat embossed the frame with Hit the Beach embossing powder.

As an embellishment to the sentiment, I stamped the clover from the Irish Enchantress set onto green cardstock with VersaMark and heat set it with more Forest Green embossing powder.  After fussy cutting it out, I added some Mountain Mint velvet glitter to the petals and pop dotted it onto the frame.

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely sensational Anne! have colored this little girl to perfection and the whole card just burst with colors and great design !!

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, she is so cute! I love the light shamrocks on her pants, and the beautiful coloring you did with her outfit, hair and big blue eyes! Your twisted ribbon and recessed sentiment are wonderful! Great card design. hugs, de

Lori Kobular said...

Oh how sweet! I love the lassies pretty blue eyes! What a beautiful Saint Patrick's Day card! She is certainly wearin' the green!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Anne, this is beautiful! So bright and vibrant. I too have done the squeeze, sprinkle, and wait over night technique for flocking and sparkle n soft! It really works!!

Lena said...

So adorable. I love her outfit :-) Beautiful clover border cut outs.
The sentiment is so sweet! Love it!
Hugs,
Lena

Olenkaja said...

Anne, this is beautiful! Perfect colours and datails :)) I love it :) Hugs :) Ola