Monday, March 6, 2017

Bonnet Bouquet



Today I'd like to share an acetate card with you featuring the newly released Bonnet Bouquet stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.

The front of this mixed media card was created with Embossable Clear Acetate sheets, Tonic Studios die (Mixed Edge Rectangles Layering Basics die set), and Super Thick Silver embossing powder.

To start off, I sprinkled some Super Thick Silver embossing powder onto the embossable acetate and heat set it from the bottom.  Don't try this with regular acetate as the heat will curl and melt the acetate.


The image was stamped with Memento Ink (Tuxedo Black) and colored with Copics and colored pencils.  Various glitters were used to accent the flower centers: Sunny Daze, Guava Nectar, Orchid, and Raspberry Soda.  Princess Anna Royal glitter was used to accent the ribbon and bow.

I then die cut a couple frames using the Tonic Studios die set.  I love that they have little notches on each side of the dies so you can line them up properly and cut out an even frame.

I also die cut another piece of navy cardstock to fit inside the smaller of the two frames.  I stamped the sentiment and the single flower (multiple times) with VersaMark and then heat set it with White Detail embossing powder.

I fiddled around with the placement so that the flowers would show through the frame on the front and not be obscured with some of the Super Thick Silver embossing powder.  Once I was happy with how it looked from the front, I adhered this piece to the inside of the card.

On the front of the card (the acetate), I adhered the frames and made sure the smaller of the two frames was positioned over the inside piece.  I then adhered the fussy cut image on top.  You still see the white flowers peeking around the edges of the focal image, but you don't see the sentiment until you open the card.

12 comments:

Annie said...

What a gorgeous Spring like card Anne x the stamps are stunning and I love the colour combination x apologies for my absence but busy was particularly busy x
Sending best wishes
Annie x

jimlynn said...

Love the blue ad green colors together and that's a beautiful image that's colored so pretty. Very nice card!
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card Anne! I love the pretty hat filled with flowers and that silver embossing is a perfect touch!

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty! I especially like the white EP on bold blue! Your colors are striking! hugs, de

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne, this is stunning!! I love how you embossed the silver on the acetate!! The flowers look amazing!! What a gorgeous card this is!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lena said...

Beautiful Spring bonnet, Anne. Great job, my friend.
Hugs ~ Lena

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

This is gorgeous! I love the silver ep on top of the acetate, and your coloring and glittering are fabulous!! I love the sentiment frame peek-a-boo too :)

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card Anne! Fabulous colors and so vibrant! Love it!
Sherrie K

Shelly Schmidt said...

A beauty of a front on the acetate- your flowers are just gorgeous! Wonderful card!!! I really love the embossing on the acetate.

Donna said...

Gorgeous cheery card with beautiful coloring and amazing background Anne!

April said...

Very lovely!

NanaConnie said...

I'm playing catch up again, Anne. I've been away from home and then came down sick so I've been away from commenting for4 more than a week now. I love all the cards you've done while I was gone and I apologize for not making individual comments on each of them.
This is such a fun image with the bouquet in the hat! Love your bright, spring colours.