Friday, March 30, 2018

Lovey Dovey


I've used the Dove Tag die from the exclusive line of Cheapo Dies for today's project.





I started out by die cutting from white cardstock and set that piece aside.  I saved the negative portion and spritzed it with Nuvo Mica Mist (Antique Gold).  The photos have a hard time capturing the shimmer and sparkle of this mica mist, but believe me, it's gorgeous in person.

For the card base, I added Distress Oxides (Wilted Violet, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick) using a blending tool.  This was also spritzed with the Nuvo Mica Mist.


The photo above captures the glimmer a bit better.

After the base was finished, I pop dotted the frame created from the negative piece on top of the color background.  The focal die cut, which I left white, was then recessed into the center and adhered directly onto the card base.  A couple of stickers that are from my stash add the finishing touch to the card front.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Anne!! The colors are amazing!! I love how you've showcased the die!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

What a pretty card, great design and pretty background and like how you used the Mics mist!