Monday, April 2, 2018

Normal Is Boring!


  
Fashionista is one of the new stamp sets released in March from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I was fortunate enough to be the colorist for the digi version.  After coloring the image with Copic markers, I felt this image would have more of a punch if I kept clean lines for the card base.


The image was die cut using the Tonic Studios Mixed Edge Rectangle Basics layering die set.  This is one of my go to sets as it is so versatile and has both straight and scalloped edges.  Glue Dots-Pop Up Dots were used to adhere both the focal image to the card base and the sentiment to the focal image.


Her shoes, the straps of her purse, and the dots on her scarf were given extra bling by using Priceless Peacock glitter.  The heart on her purse has added dimension by using Nuvo Crystal Drops (Red Berry).  Glossy Accents gives her sunglasses added shine.

The sentiment was stamped using the Poppy Red Nuvo Hybrid Ink Pad.  After stamping it with the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, I immediately added Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it.  (I use so much of the Clear Detail, that I get it in the Economy size 😊.)

If you frequent my blog very often, you'll notice I do this on almost every sentiment I stamp.  It gives a bit more shine and dimension to the stamped sentiments.  I also added a little more Priceless Peacock glitter to the center of the arrow.  Once my sentiment was complete, I cut the words into three sections and added a some Poppy Red ink to the edges.  Sequins from the Nuvo Golden Years Confetti pack were added for a bit more sparkle.


Products used:
Glitter: Priceless Peacock (G1015)
Embossing Powder: Clear Detail (EP280)
Nuvo Golden Years Confetti pack (Diamond)
Copic markers



Until next time....



-->

3 comments:

Donna said...

How absolutely adorable and beautifully colored, thanks for a great tip!

Lisa said...

She's so gorgeous!! I love how you colored her!! I am in love with her sparkly blue shoes!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love this one! She is adorable sparkled! Great job Anne!