Friday, August 31, 2018

Cat on a Fence

front

inside

Today I've created a card featuring the Cat On The Fence die from Cheapo Dies.  I'm sad to say this will be my final post as one of their design team members.



I started out by die cutting this die from the front panel of my card base so that there is an opening.  (The die cut is actually located on the inside of the card.)  Next I ran the front of the card base through an embossing folder from Spellbinders (Flower Fun) and then colored it with some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (Coral Calypso, Peony Pink).



I masked front of the card and then added more colors of Nuvo Embellishment Mouse (Lilac Lavender, Lemon Sorbet) to the inside.  This gives me the backdrop for my silhouette.  Once this was finished, I closed the card front, added glue to the die cut, and dropped it down from the front.  That way, I've got perfect placement.

On the inside of the card, I randomly stamped my sentiment all over. This stamp is part of the Sentimental Stamps set by Avery Elle.


4 comments:

Annie said...

Such a beautiful die Anne and I adore the card you made. I love anything with cats on !! I am sure you will be greatly missed on this DT x

Have a great weekend
Annie x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Anne!! I love the colors and the beautiful die you used!! The embossing is fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lena said...

Beautiful window card, Anne. Love the gorgeous colours you used on the background. That big bold bow is the perfect finishing touch.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Lena

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very nice die- and I love the background you created! Beautifully done. I bet that you will be really missed!!!