Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Magic of Christmas {Scrapy Land #97}



Happy Wednesday!  It's the first Wednesday of September and that means it's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge!  The theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.

As I've mentioned before, I'm slowly working on my Christmas cards.  So I have another one to share with you today.  I used the following dies for my card:


Yvonne Creations: Christmas Decoration
Cheery Lynn Designs: Lattice 1
Sunny Studios: Fishtail Banners (any of these would work as well)

The image is a digi called Fairy Bauble from Make It Crafty.  I colored it with Copic markers and used the colors suggested on the online video class.  Once the image was finished, it was die cut out using the Sue Wilson die.

The backdrop was created by die cutting the Lattice 1 die three times from three different colors of cardstock.  I offset each one so the color patterns would be different.  (I cut off the excess portion on the sides so that the entire piece was still an A2 size.)

The Christmas Decoration was die cut from white cardstock and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.

The sentiment (from Sunny Studios called Holiday Style) was stamped onto my fishtail die cut and heat embossed using Hero Arts White embossing powder. 

I pop dotted it in the center so it would look curved.

Now it's your turn to join along in the fun.  You have until Sept 15 to upload your project to the Scrapy Land Challenge.  Remember it can be anything (mixed media, scrapbook page, altered art), as long as it includes dies that Scrapy Land sells.  There are over 55 brands to choose from.  You can see them all here.


This major milestone will be celebrated on Oct 17.  Stay tuned for details.



5 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What an adorable image, that Fairy Bauble is as sweet as could be! I love the gold ornaments hanging down the side of the card!

Jessica K said...

Oh I love it Anne! Your coloring is just perfection and I love the gold ornament! Too cute! :)

Jess
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne, this is so stunning!! I love how you used the CL Lattice die...it looks so amazing!! And you colored the image so perfectly!! I love, love her hair!! The gold ornaments are a fabulous touch!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Wow, this little fella is so cute and well behaved. Fabulous coloring and awesome design. Must take another look at that background die. So you are getting ready for the holidays. Oh, just saw the hanging border die. Love that too.
Hugs
Berni
chasingthedream.

Lena said...

Beautiful card Anne. Love the colours you used on the background and fairy - non traditional but so festive!
Have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Lena