Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Moonlight {Scrapy Land #98}




Hey everyone!  It's the third Wednesday of the month (already!) and that means it's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge.  As always, the theme is Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  Here is a complete list of over 55 brands of dies sold and here is the list of the newest arrivals.

The dies used for this watercolor project were:



Hero Arts: Trellis (here are some other options)
Spellbinders: Grand Dome 3D Card (any type of die with an oval top will work)
Sue Wilson Designs: Noble dies-Double Pierced Rectangles, Set B
Sizzix: Tim Holtz-Funky Floral #3
My Favorite Things: Fresh Cut Grass (here are other options)


This project started out by my stamping and watercoloring various watercolor stamps from Art Impressions to create this kitty in the moonlight.  After this was completed and dry, I used the 3D Dome die to cut out the image.  I cut off the side pieces that make this die cut into a dimensional card.



Next I die cut the Hero Arts Trellis from black cardstock and heat embossed it using Clear embossing powder.  I wanted a wrought iron type of look.  I die cut it a second time from brown fun foam to add dimension to the gate.  I love how these gates can actually open and reveal what's behind them.

The blue background mat behind the focal point was dry embossed using a Crafters Companion embossing folder (Distress) and then I went over the raised areas with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (Cornflower Blue).  To me, it resembled stars in the night sky😀.

Once these were adhered to my black card base (die cut using the Sue Wilson die), I began building my layers of flowers and greenery along the sides of the gates.  I die cut several of the dies from the Funky Floral set from white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers.  Although it's hard to tell in the photo, I added Spectrum Noir Sparkle marker to the grass.

Now it's your turn to play along.  You have until Sunday, Sept 30 to upload your crafty project to the Scrapy Land Challenge.  It can be anything from CAS to grungy to mixed media and everything in between.



The count down has begun.... only two more challenges before we celebrate our 100th Challenge!  Mark your calendars for Oct 17 because you're definitely going to want to get in on the fun and win some fabulous prizes!


7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous make Anne! Love the look of your wrought iron gate and the fact that they open!

Sherrie K. said...

WOW, love the watercoloring!! The kitty is adorable gazing out~ The 3D dome and trellis look amazing!!! You definitely got the wrought iron look..AMAZING!!! I love how the gates open to...so creative!! Gorgeous flowers and foliage...love it all!
Have a great day,
Sherrie K

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this is an amazing card! I love the cat in the moonlight, it is gorgeous! The dies you used are perfect too, but what really makes your card stand out is that gorgeous background!

Lena said...

Spooktacular card, Anne. Love your water colouring and I love the idea of clear embossing the gate for the wrought iron look.
Have a great day,
Hugs,
Lena

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Love, love this scene you have created. So perfect for Halloween. That background is amazing.
Fabulous background, Apologies for my tardiness. I will be having hip replacement.
Hugs
Berni

Mary M said...

Anne, I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your card! Love the way you "frame" the kitty.

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne, this is so amazing!! The watercoloring is fabulous!! I love the colors!! The trellis is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts