Thursday, July 2, 2020

Sky's Sweet Music {Lavinia World Challenges #30}



A new Lavinia World Challenges begins today.  The theme is Anything Goes using a stamped image.

For my project, I created this sweet scene using the following products, all of which can be found at Lavinia World:


Fairy Hugs Glitter Powder (Golden Nugget, Iris)
We Are 3 Digital Paper (Watercolor Batik)


I began this slimline card by stamping the Fairy Lantern stamp three times using various colors of ink cubes. Then I began to add color to the (originally) white cardstock using Pan Pastels. I created a few hills using a torn piece of paper and then continued the rest of the background using purples and blues.  

I added a bit of bling to the lanterns using Spectrum Noir Sparkle markers and gems from Queen and Co.



I wanted to show the inside of Sky's wings as well as the outside.  In order to achieve this look, I stamped her twice onto a scrap of white cardstock and fussy cut her out.  On the second one, I only fussy cut out the wings, as that's all I needed.  

Next I added glue and Golden Nugget Fairy Hugs Glitter Powder to the "inside" portion of her wings and Iris Fairy Hugs Glitter Powder to other set of wings that I fussy cut out.  (I 💖LOVE💖 this new glitter!) I let both sets of wings dry completely before going to the next step.

While the glue was drying, I decided I didn't like the stark contrast of the white edges that were left from the very fine details of the image.  So I added a bit of grey Pan Pastel so that Sky would blend in better with the evening scene I was trying to create.

Once the glue was dry on the wings, I added a pop dot at the base of the "outside" wing and adhered it over (and slightly offset) from the main image. Now you can see her two-toned wings 😀.



I also wanted her to have a bit of dimension.  When adhering her to the background, I added a small pop dot to the back of her head and to the back of the bird. I think this small detail really makes it look as if she's sitting among the Fairy lanterns and not just posed in front of them.

The focal piece was adhered to the newly added digital papers that Lavinia World is now carrying from We Are 3.  I used one of the Watercolor Batik papers because it coordinated with my purples perfectly. I love the fact that you can re-size the papers to whatever size you wish and the designs and colors are amazing.  

The final step was to adhere this to the purple card base. I decided it needed a little something more, so I added dimensional foam tape to the back of focal area as well.  That final step gave the card the look I was going for.  I hope you like it too.


Now it's your turn to join us.  You can either upload your current project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  

If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


Play in our Anything Lavinia Facebook Group
and/or our Lavinia World Challenge Blog

 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.



Check out Lavinia World's 
YouTube Channel and their amazing video team! This wonderfully talented group creates how-to videos every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (and sometimes more often). Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss a single one!

You have until Monday, June 29 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  The winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.



Until next time..... 


10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this card looks amazing! I love the stamps you put together and the glitter on the fairy's wings looks awesome@

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, Anne, what a beauty of a card! I love all of the details. The glitter wings in two colors, wow!

charlene said...

Anne I just love this and all the glitter .... awesome card!

Nancy Hill said...

Just beautiful and love the colors and glitter on the fairy wings.

Steph Ackerman said...

Anne this is lovely. those wings look amazing.

Lena said...

I can hear her sweet melody. Love the scene you created. The sparkle and the dimension are awesome. Love it!

Donna said...

This is absolutely stunning Anne! the wings are fabulous!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! This looks fabulous, Anne! I love the dimension in her wings and of course, the fabulous sparkle! xx

Alina Florea said...

Absolutely woow! Those wings looks as if they are moving along with this Sky's song :) awesome job, as always :*

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a beautiful scene, Anne! Love the pan pastel effect - very dreamy! Those wings are awesome!