Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hang on to You

This stamp is from Inky Antics and I used Prisma colored pencils and gamsol odorless mineral spirits (both of which can be found at your local craft store) to color in all the details. Using odorless mineral spirits can be tricky because you don't want to saturate the paper stump you use to blend in the colors; otherwise it looks greasy (and I'm sure you know how I know this...). The colors are muted greens and yellows, for the most part, because I was going for a soft look.  On the inside of the card I stamped a couple more monkeys and the saying "I think I'll hang on to you".  (This was for an anniversary card.)   For the center square, I double stamped the image, colored and cut out the monkey and pop dotted him for a 3 dimensional look.  On a separate piece of paper, I stamped the name, tore the paper all around the edges and pop dotted it for emphasis.

No comments: