Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fluttering Hearts


This card has a lot of layers and four different patterned papers, some more subtle than others.  I don't often mix a lot of patterned papers together, so I'm stepping out of my comfort zone a little.  Both the image and the saying are from Unity Stamps.  I embossed the solid cardstock with a heart pattern using a Fiskars texture plate, which look like thisDistress inks were sponged around all the edges of the papers for a more finished appearance.

I stamped the heart image and, after trimming around the edges, I used Flower Soft's Heather mixture to fill in the center.  You can now find Flower Soft in various places on the internet.  It's fun to think of all the different places you can use this product on other than flowers.  (Think snow, a coat collar, animal fur, etc.)

I also outlined the wings with Ranger's Crystal Stickles.  They are VERY sparkly in person.  I rolled the wings up so they aren't flat against the paper so they would  look like they are fluttering in the air. Lastly, I used a black Atyou Spica Glitter pen to outline the words "heart" and "flutter" so they would sparkle as well.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Pretty ... I {heart} the sentiment!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)