Friday, September 24, 2010

Up, Up, and Away....



..... in my beautiful balloon. 

This is a card I made based on the monthly Hogs & Sketches challenge at Hambo Stamps.  If you haven't visited them yet, you definitely should.  They have great rubber and digital images, plus lots of other goodies as well.  You still have till the end of the month to participate in this challenge (you don't have to use Hambo stamps this month either, but you'll probably want to get some because they are so fun and not your typical type of images.)

For this card, I decided to use their hot air balloon stamp and stamped the image on both plain cardstock (to color with my Copics - FV2, FYR1, FRV1, E35, and E37) and on the yellow circle.  I then fussy cut out my colored image and pop dotted it for a dimensional look.  I chose yellow for my circle because I decided it could either represent the sun or the moon.

The cloud background was made using a homemade cloud template and Distress inks and the patterned star paper is from Creative Memories that I had in my stash.  The first layer is mounted on black cardstock and   four orange brads were placed in the corners.  Before adhering this layer onto the second set of patterned/solid paper, I used my Scor-Pal to emboss the edges of both pieces so they wouldn't look so plain.  The final step is to mount these layers onto a larger square of black cardstock.

4 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Very nice Anne! I like how you handled the balloon's ropes, and those clouds turned out AWESOME! The card looks vaguely patriotic with that star paper! LOL Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge (and for all the nice words about Hambo!) :)

HappyCrafter said...

Oh so pretty! The clouds are so well done, and I like the 3 d effect with the hot air balloon.

Cheryl said...

Really cool with the clouds and stars kind of doing a day/night thing, and love how the colors on this just pop!

Melissa said...

That is so fun and COLORFUL! Thanks for submitting a card for our great challenge!