Friday, January 21, 2011

Fabric Iris Fold


This is my first attempt at the Iris Folding technique.  This site has a good description of this technique and some patterns so you can try it too.  As usual, I don't do things the easy way.  Instead of using paper, as recommended, I decided to use scraps of fabric.  I really like this color combo and thought it would be perfect for a Valentine's card. 

I cut out my frame with a Deckled Rectangles Spellbinder's die and dry embossed it.  I followed the easy instructions and a basic pattern, layered the fabric in the correct order, and embellished the center with a button.  I'm really happy with the way this turned out and plan on making more soon.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous results for your first attempt. Perfect.

Unknown said...

ohhh, this is so COOL, Anne! Looks complicated and intriguing and yummy all at the same time! Check out the technique tutorials on your recommended site! Wow! Great resource! Thanks!

Love your blog, too! So pretty! All dressed up and Lookin' Good!

jimlynn said...

First attempt????? WOW! Wonderful job. Those color are so pretty and love the card.
Lynn

Carolynne said...

Hi Anne, card is lovely especially using the fabric. I am not usually a lover of iris folding but this is one of the nicest I have ever seen

xx