Friday, June 3, 2011

Folk Art



This easel card was cut using Spellbinders Grand Squares (#3) and fabric for the background.  The Folk Art Stamps image is from Stamping Dragon Designs.  I copied and reversed the buttons to make a frame.

For the flowers, I used Glossy Accents on different sections of the bloom, depending on which flower
 I was working on to give it added dimension.   I thought about adding real buttons to the image, but decided to paper pierce the string portion of the image and hand stitched embroidery floss on top.  To make the easel stand, I mimicked the button image with real buttons and embroidery floss.  The sticker is from my stash.

There's still time to enter our Stamping Dragon Designs challenge going on now.  Also, be sure to see what the other members of the SDD team has dreamed up for you as well (blog addresses are under tab above).

Copics used: G19, G28, YG13    YR 61, YR65, YR68, YR09    YR21, YR61


6 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

so adorable anne!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- I love the flowers and glossy accents and the button frame.

Tammy said...

Wonderful card Anne. Love your color combo and what a great idea to add the embroidery to connect the buttons.

jimlynn said...

Just precious! Love the way you framed it with the button image. Great sentiment too!
Lynn

Love crafts forever said...

This is my fave card from you. Buttons looks awesome.
Hugs Nat

web design outsource said...

wow...Lovely card!!! I love your all creations..Those flowers and the button designs are looking lovely. Thanks for this nice post.