Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cake Makes Everything Better!


Happy Friday everyone (OK, Thursday evening since the dt posts challenges to go live England time).  So that means it's time for a new challenge at Stamping with the Dragon.  The theme of our challenge is FOOD and our sponsor is none other than Bugaboo Stamps.

For my card today, I tried out Paper Soft Colors by Viva Decor to create my background as well as inking in the sentiment.  I must say, they blend really well - it just took a little longer than Distress Inks to get the look I was going for.  Just worked with it a tad bit longer is all, but I do like them.  They are oil based, so the instructions say to let dry for about 30 minutes and you do need a designated sponge with each color.  I tried a few different types of sponges and think I like a sponge dauber the best (although I haven't tried the sponge recommended by Viva Decor since I wanted to see if I could use what I already have on hand before buying something else).  I feel that I have better control over it than when I used a cosmetic sponge or the Ranger Ink Blending Tool and foam pads.

A couple quick details about the card: the image is colored with Copic markers; the sentiment is cut with Scrap-Mart's Label 1 die (#4) and is from Create with TLC; the left edge was cut with Memory Box's Sanibel Border.  On a side note, the purples in the image match the background really well, but turned out bluish in the photos.

You'll have until 11/24/11 to upload your FOOD creation to the Stamping with the Dragon Challenge Blog.  Can't wait to see what types of food you come up with.  While visiting the challenge blog, be sure to check out all the other great creations we made for you - they are a real treat.

Copics used: E00, E01, E11    Y11, Y00, R01, R81, R27    FV2    Y35, Y38    C0, C1, C2    BV13




6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Love all the purple and yellows on this wonderful card! Perfect sentiment too! Very pretty - and cute!
Lynn

Turtle In The Sand said...

Lovin the purple and yellow, Anne. Did I ever tell you how much I like the name of your blog? Hugs, Linda

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous colour on the background and love the edge detail
Hugs Kate xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Anne, I love the way you have done the background.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Goodness, I love the background you've created for this cute image! Love the color combo, so different and pretty!

Unknown said...

Aww great card and background awesome i like your background

Custom Logo Design