Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Blues



Can you believe it's the 20th challenge for the Digi Makeover Challenge team?  Seems like we just started. :-).  This week's challenge is Winter Blues, so get out your shades of blues.  


I chose Cosette from Paper Makeup Stamps to show off my Winter Blues.  As usual, she's colored with Copic markers but I used some different combinations than I usually do (mainly on her skin tone and her hair).  Her fairy wings are iridescently sparkly as a result of combining Shimmerz paint (Angel Wings) with Stickles (Waterfall).  I mixed them on my non stick craft sheet and painted the mixture onto the wings with a small brush.  I added a touch of Spica glitter pens in the tucks of the coat as well.

The flower is from a Marianne Designs die that incorporated ribbon into the design.  I coordinated the ribbon with my image by using Distress Stains (Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass) on white ribbon to get the color I wanted.  I also added a bit of Copic marker to the center of the flower for more depth.

Now it's your turn to show us your Winter Blues.  You'll have one week to upload your project at the Digi Makeover Challenge.  The rules are posted on the blog, but the main ones are that you must use a digi and you need to follow this week's theme.  Pretty easy!  you won't want to miss what the rest of the team made for your inspiration either.  So go get started.

Copics used: B12, B14, B16, B24, B28    C5, C6    YR12, YR14, YR18    E41, E42    E00, E21, E02    E15, E18, E59, E49

7 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I like the image and the fab flower.
Kevin xx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Anne! Love the image and the flower is gorgeous.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and an awesome image and coloring. The flower ribbon is gorgeous!

Michelle VP said...

Stunning, Anne! Love your rich skin tones - my fairies always look so pale. :) I never thought to combine Shimmerz and Stickles either - such possibilities! :)

jimlynn said...

Oh Anne, I LOVE THIS! Your coloring on that image is just outstanding and love the blue flower and flourish too! So pretty.
Lynn

Mary said...

Lovely card, Anne! Your use of shading and subtle tonal changes is impressive, and the dimensional elements really add to the beauty and interest of the piece. Have enjoyed browsing your recent entries--your creative "only as old as . . . " card made me smile.

THERESA said...

This is just so, so cute and you are such a doll for the tip, did link up...........:))
lotsa luv