Friday, November 23, 2012

Scotty


front of card (closed)
The theme for this week's challenge from Pattie's Creations is all about Harvest Time and/or  Thanksgiving.  The sponsor for this challenge is Dude Time Doodles and I've chosen Scotty Scarecrow to work with.

easel card - opened
I tried something different for the background.  After printing put the image and cutting it out with Spellbinders Grand Labels Twenty Three (#1, 2, 3 - assumes #1 is the smallest), I lightly went over the entire thing with my water brush and Distress Inks (Ripe Persimmon and Scattered Straw), including the image itself.  Next, I used Copic markers and colored the image as I usually would.  The colors from the Distress Inks came through the alcohol inks in exactly the way I was hoping.  (I think in the back of my mind I was thinking of old feed sacks that people then used for quilts, etc.  Although this is WAY before my time, I inherited some old quilts that have feed sack material in them.)


I used bits of straw for his hair and created an easel card.  The sentiment is the negative portion of the Giving Thanks die from Die-Versions.

Now it's your turn to show us your Harvest/Thanksgiving projects.  Remember, there needs to be an image on the project (either stamped or digital) and you have two weeks to upload your creation to the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog.  Be sure to visit the other design team members to see what they've created for you as well.


18 comments:

rachel said...

fabby image Anne and I love the hair! Brilliant xx

Eret said...

Anne, you always come up with another cool technique :) Love the look of the scarecrow. And his hair are fantastic.
Hugs. Eret

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, I love the way you have coloured the image and I like the card shape.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Awesome Anne! Love the technique you used and the great color combo, you're so clever! Straw hair is a terrific crafty idea!

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, love what you have done with this little guy - so much detail and brilliant coloring! The background is full of life and texture - it's great!

Unknown said...

Anne I love your card OMG and the colors are to die for :)

Sandra DeFalco said...

Anne - I love the water brush technique you came up with, and the straw for hair, this is COOL!!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Pattie G said...

Oh Anne! This is so adorable... I love your coloring...

Hugs
Pattie

Joan Ervin said...

What a great technique, Anne..I love how the texture in the background shows through on the scarecrow and how cute is that straw hair!!!!!!

Linda Simpson said...

I am loving this scarecrow Anne, he reminds me of the scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz. Great card.

Hugs
Linda xxx

April said...

Cute! I love the straw hair!

jimlynn said...

Cute and creative! LOVE that straw on here.
Lynn

Brenda said...

fun! love that the background matches him so well too.

nwilliams6 said...

Great card Anne - love the cute DTD image you used. I have grown so fond of all these images - I will cherish them. Fab job on this. Hope your team wins tonight. Hugz!

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne this is just an awesome card, love your image and the straw is a great idea. I love the background.
Hugs, Patricia

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a cool effect you created! You have been having a blast with techniques lately- how fun is that!

Shona Erlenborn said...

How adorable! He does look like he's made out of hessian! Brilliant idea on the hair.

Charlene said...

Fabulous card Anne...just love the way you coloured this adorable character and the shape of your easel card is just so unique. Hugs ~ Charlene