Monday, December 24, 2012

Poinsettia gift bag


glossy paper, alcohol inks
glittered paper, alcohol inks

I made a gift bag topper using the Poinsettia 2 die from Die-Versions and had so much fun that I created two - one for each side.  Love all the dimension this die gives you.  For the background of both of them, I stamped my sentiment (by Serendipity Stamps) directly onto glittered paper using Staz-On.

For the first one, I created my paper by inking up a sheet of glossy paper with alcohol inks and a blending felt.  For the second one, I created the background by applying Cloud Nine glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle directly to double sided sheets of adhesive paper and applied alcohol inks on top of the glitter.  (You can see the tutorial here.)


The end result was absolutely gorgeous and you could see all the different variations of colors.  What I learned when I was adhering this glittered and inked sheet to cardstock was that you should use a light colored cardstock so you can still see the variations.  I added it to pink cardstock and it's very hard to see now (lesson learned).

Here's what it looked like on the tall gift bag.

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy 2013!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

They are beautiful Anne! Gorgeous sparkle! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Anne, I want to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Kevin xx

Brenda said...

Merry Christmas, Anne - they're just gorgeous!!! Gotta love Cloud Nine.

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Anne! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

wow! what a difference in the two - the AIs look more intense on the cloud nine! so pretty, Anne!

jimlynn said...

STUNNING!!!!
Lynn