Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Zendoodle Accordion 3D card


front
Welcome to the first Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog Hop of 2013!  All of the designers are so excited to show you some fancy folds that will hopefully inspire you as well.



I've created an Accordion 3D card using the Sizzix Bigz die - Album, Accordion Flip 3D and the Zendoodle Flowers stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  This card (or you could create an album) takes a bit of time to complete, but the results are worth it.  I created each of my individual panels before assembling the entire thing.

open
This is the front view when opened and the back view.  I left two of the panels blank on the back side in order to add a message at a later date.
back side - open
All of the backgrounds are cut with Spellbinder label die and then I added different glitters and techniques to each to compliment the various images I used.
panel 1 (front)
Ingredients: Cloud Nine velvet glitter (colored with alcohol inks - see SNS technique here),  Sparkle N Soft Sun Dazzle flocking, Palm Leaf flocking

Panel 2
Ingredients: Moonrise tinsel glitter, Staz-On (see SNS technique here), Cloud Nine velvet glitter, dimensional glue, Copic markers, dimensional dots

Panel 3
Ingredients: Cyclamen glitter, Amethyst Spray embossing powder, Forest Green embossing powder, Distress Markers
Panel 4
Ingredients: Cloud Nine velvet glitter (colored with alcohol inks), Copic markers, dimensional dots

Panel 5
Raspberry Soda glitter, Copic markers, gem

Panel 6 (back)
Ingredients:  Cloud Nine velvet glitter, Staz-On


Before assembling the panels, I also stamped the Zendoodle Leaf image with Memento Summer Sky for a subtle pattern on the solid cardstock.   

You should have come from Shona's blog; if not you may want to start at the beginning: Sparkle N Sprinkle's blog.  Be sure to visit each of the Sprinkle N Sparkle designers and leave all of us a comment in order to be eligible for a fantastic prize.  (Trust me, once you start using these glitters, flocking, or embossing powders you won't want to use any other manufacturer!)  In addition, three of the designers are mystery hosts and prizes will be chosen from those comments as well.

Your next stop will be Karin.  For the complete list of designers and rules, please visit the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog.  You have four days to complete the blog hop, so if you have to stop in the middle, you can always pick back up and continue looking at all the great inspiration.  Also, as a reminder, the entire People category at SNS are on sale (15% off) for the entire month.  Thanks for joining us for this month's Fancy Folds blog hop.  Good luck and have fun hopping.


63 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Anne! I covet your die! LOL LOVE THAT DIE! Your accordion card is wonderfully colored. I especially like the blue shading on your velvet glitter. The glitter tinsel looks great as a background, too! Such pretty colors and layers. Your recipient will love this thank you card.

jimlynn said...

Another beautiful card, Anne! Love the bright colors on this and the entire design on the card! Great job!
Lynn

Barbara Bruder said...

Anne I love this card. And the stamps you used are perfect for this card design. Great use of the Velvet glitter.

April said...

Wow! How bright and cheery! I just love the die and the folds! Great job!

scrap_in_time said...

What a great die! Love it!

sharon g said...

Your colors are great. I also love all of the glitter. Pretty.

Karalee said...

OMGosh, this is just too cute! And very colorful. Great job!

Karalee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debi said...

Wow! Wonderful! Fantastic fold.

Shanna Shands said...

I want that die so bad. I just saw a video on it and I love love love it! Your work is sparkletastic!

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a fabulous fold, love all the details on your card! I have this die and I haven't used it yet! May have to get it out!

Brenda said...

This fabulous fold out card just puts a smile all over my face!!! It's so bright and cheery and all that glitter :) be still my heart.

Eret said...

Wow! I've never seen a card like this. It is so cool! Love it! Fantastic work, Anne.
Hugs. Eret

Tammy said...

Wow, wow, wow Anne, absolutely fantastic! Each panel is beautiful and such fun!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Amazing accordion fold! So bright and cheery with all the colorful glittered panels. Totally cool!

Gina said...

Beautiful cards. Great job. Thanks

Unknown said...

Love the card! Those new dies from Sizzix are awesome aren't they:) And you used my beautiful flowers to adorn your card! Such a great creation! It's in the front window at the store:)

Linda Simpson said...

This is just gorgeous Anne, love the style of your card and the colours and flowers are stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

rachel said...

so bright and beautiful Anne - love it xx

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Such a beautiful accordion card, Anne. Can't wait to buy one of those dies. They look like so much fun. You put so much love into this card. Thank you.

Julie Z said...

What a unique and interesting card design! I've seen these dies, but never saw one made up - until now!
Colorful, sparkly, and fun card Anne! Love how you showed us pics of each panel too!!

Anonymous said...

Always looking for new ways to use Spellbindres; a very clever idea.
Loved it.

namabear said...

WoW I luv your card that is a new technique fold to me. I have the Zendoodle flowers stamp and use it often. Thanks for sharing your awesome card!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful fancy fold card. Each panel is so delightfully decorated with those awesome images and the colors are amazing. You are off to a great start and I know you will be a real asset to the design team.

Donna said...

Oh my, so pretty! I love this fold, very inspiring.

elf1023 said...

Love your ideas, can't wait to try the folds.

Mary said...

That is really a cool die -- may have to get me one of those! Your card is so pretty with all the different flowers.

Kim S said...

Tangles are so popular right now and these stamps mimic the style! So fun!
Kim

Unknown said...

Wow all the detail!! Great die for your card/album too!! A showcase in itself!! TFS!! StephanieM, Kansas

Roxie said...

I love the detail. I love the raspberry soda glitter, very pretty!

Karin said...

How cool! Love all the different panels and those flowers look wonderful showcased with glitter :)

Priscilla said...

Wow, wonderful accordian card. Beautiful colors and lots of glitter. Thanks for sharing.

carrie said...

Wow! Love this Zendoodle Accordion card. Each panel is wonderful with so many great flower stamps and the velvet glitter colors are wonderful.

Unknown said...

I love all of the cards but panel2 and 3 or are best thanks

Pawprintx4 said...

What a happy, colorful card and you certainly did put a lot of time into its creation. Great job!
Stephanie K

Juliet A said...

this is so clever!!!! I want to make one just like it!

Lynne said...

Very lovely card. Each panel carefully thought out. Nice colors too.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love the fold and the panels
bibiana

Anonymous said...

The combination of the accordion fold with the layered effects and glitters is stunning!

Anonymous said...

I am a sucker for different folds, I can get lost in them! Thank you!

crafty grandma said...

What a great card! and a great way to show my new found craft of Zendoodle! TFS

gobarb26 said...

Very cute and colorful! TFS!

Gina H said...

Wow! Gorgeous colors, gorgeous card! You put a lot of work into it & I appreciate it! I love the vibrant colors you used and the stamps are perfect for them. Beautiful!

Keri Brown said...

What a detailed card.. So many fun elements here... You did a great job hun...

Alicia DiCarlo said...

I love the bright colors & the use of the velvet glitters. I also love the accordian folds great card.

RuthAnn said...

Love this card, and the purple is really striking, the new velvet glitter is a craf supply necessity. Thanks for sharing.

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Anne...your fancy fold card is absolutely fabulous!!! Each one of the panels is gorgeous...you put a lot of work into this and it really shows!!!!

Carol said...

wow what a fantastic card. fabulous.

NanaConnie said...

This is really marvelous, Anne! Love the bright colors. :-D

Mimi said...

Totally awesome!

Linda said...

Anne, Thank you for sharing your beautiful, bright, sparkling card. Wonderful design!

Angie said...

I love the interesting fold on this one! Great job. I look forward to trying something similar myself.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Anne. I love that die!!! Thanks for sharing! Phyllis

pwrench40@hotmail.com

Frann said...

Nice job on the 3D accordion card! It's so colorful and sparkly it just makes me want to smile. Beautiful coloring too.

Annie said...

Love this Anne.its so clever.......must give it a try sometime. THanks for your visit the other day. It is so appreciated.

HUgs

Annie x

Anonymous said...

Cute card

Tigerberry said...

Anne, your beautiful card has inspired me to get out my adhesive sheets and start using my glitter. Thanks.

KristiDaroci said...

What a wonderful idea and each element compliments the next! Awesome job!

Anita Braddock said...

Gorgeous card they uniqueness of this is super and i love the 3D affect. wow What an amazing job. thanks for sharing

Gerlinde said...

A true work of love for someone special! Very beautiful!

Eliza said...

Wow so much work has gone into this card and the rewards are obvious, it is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Eliza

E. Marie said...

Beautiful flip card. So bright and sparkly. Perfect with this adorable stamp set.

dmbennett said...

Beautiful card. Never made one of these types, maybe I'll have to try it. Love everything you did and all that sparkle, wow..... gorgeous.