Thursday, November 20, 2014

Birthday {cut out}



If you haven't heard, Die-Versions just released 20 new dies, including new fonts, cut-out dies, and new pop-up dies.  This is the new Birthday Cut Out die (and this is the sample project you see on the inclosed packaging when you purchase this die).


I folded my double sided cardstock in half to create my card base, and die cut the word directly onto the bottom of the front panel.  When it's closed, you can see the decorative pattern peeking out from the inside of the card.  I added a quilled flower and some rick-rack ribbon and created a quick and easy card.  

13 comments:

Annie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Anne.......never tried this technique but love what you have created and the colours are yummy

TFS and hugs
Annie x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Cute idea Anne! How big is that cut out die?

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Anne, I love the beautiful flower and cut out sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Fantastic! Love the way you used that die on here and the quilled flower is so pretty.
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

how pretty, Anne - both the cut out and the flowers! I really love that cut out because it could be used on a 5x7 card as well as the A2 cards! hugs, de

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Anne!! The quilled flower is so beautiful!! I love how you framed the cut-out with the ribbon!! Fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Lena said...

Gorgeous card, Anne! Another die for my Christmas wish list! Love your quilled flower. I've never tried my hand at quilling ... maybe one of these days :-)
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Shelly Schmidt said...

I bought stuff to quill- love this flower and the die is so awesome!

NanaConnie said...

Great die cutting, Anne, and your quilling is magnificent!

rachel said...

this is wonderful Anne - great diecut and I love the flower too - looks awesome xx

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing creation, loving that flower!

nwilliams6 said...

How cool is this! Love the die and the fun flowers!!! Such a great technique. My Mom bought me a book about quilling and I am going to try it. Hugz