Monday, April 27, 2015

'Shrooms


I've had more fun using the Mushroom die set from Die-Versions.  For today's card I experimented with fun foam and a heat tool.

All you need to do is die cut the fun foam using the dies from the Mushroom set, heat up the fun foam with your heat tool, and watch it shrink before your eyes!  It's a super easy technique and it really works.

Both the red capped mushroom and the white capped mushroom (pictured in the photo to the right) were die cut using the same large mushroom die from the set.  How long you heat the fun foam dictates how much the foam piece will shrink.  I also experimented with different color foam and found that my white fun foam shrunk more than the colored fun foam did.  (The foam eventually stops shrinking and you know it's time to quit.)

Once I had all my pieces shrunk, I colored them with Copic markers and added some Wink of Stella to the caps for a bit of sparkle.  The random white dots were left overs from the white foam.

The sentiment is also die cut from yellow fun foam and is the Hello Express Edge from Die-Versions.  I love that the fun foam allows you to curve the sentiment instead of just being straight.  The background was created using various Distress Inks, a bit of water, and a spritz of homemade shimmer.

So dig out your fun foam and start die cutting and shrinking to your heart's desire.

12 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Theres not mushroom on this card lol, brilliant card Anne I love all the Mushrooms and the colours
Kevin xx

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful Anne!! I love how you added the dots from the mushrooms, too!! The fun foam sounds awesome and fun to play with!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

rachel said...

these are so clever Anne - I always think of the sentiment 'for a fun guy' whenever mushrooms are used on cards!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, I absolutely LOVE that "rainbow-style" HELLO sentiment die! Fantastic! And all those little circles popped up on your card - that wasn't easy - before reading your post, I wondered if the white circles came from the holes in the mushrooms. I still cannot believe how you have adhered those tee-tiny dots! Wow! Love the techniques used in your card. Thank you for the tip about fun foam! xo

Linda Simpson said...

Loving the mushrooms and great design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Neat technique to shrink the fun foam that way and it worked perfect on these cute little mushrooms. Fabulous card!
Lynn

Jacee said...

Fabulous design.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lori Kobular said...

Great card Anne! How did you get the Hello EE cut on an angle? What did you use to do that? It looks really cool like that.

NanaConnie said...

I adore all those die cut mushrooms, Anne. Love how you added shadows to them. What terrific dimension!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Fun! I have got to give the fun foam shrink technique a try :) I love these happy mushrooms. So fun!

Tammy said...

Great technique and fabulous results!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have never heard of this technique- and loving how this fun technique worked out on your fun card. Great card!