Monday, July 20, 2015

Seasons Greeting


Today's card features three out of the four new stamp sets revealed this month from Sparkle N SprinkleTree Scene, 3 Wisemen (the Star), and Reindeer (the sentiment).  

I started out by heat embossing the Tree Scene in White Detail embossing powder onto my white cardstock and then colored the background with Distress Inks (Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire).  I cut away the snow banks and adhered a piece of white cardstock covered with 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape and Cloud Nine Velvet glitter behind it to create my snow covered hills.  After the star was heat embossed, it was covered with Dimensional glue and Sunny Daze glitter was added.  The smaller stars in the image were colored with a Copic marker.


I also heat embossed a piece of Embossable Clear Acetate with White Detail embossing powder and fussy cut out the trees and the snow covered banks.  Next I stamped my sentiment with Silver Detail embossing powder and then colored it with a blue Copic marker for a silvery-blue effect.

For the snow capped trees, I added Dimensional glue to the snowy areas on the acetate and covered them with Bridal glitter.  Once this was dry, I adhered the acetate on top of the card base.  This added a bit of shimmer and a little more dimension to the card base.  I also die cut the Memory Box die (Frosty Border) from a piece of white cardstock covered with 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape and Cloud Nine Velvet glitter.  Flat backed pearls were added to the snowflake centers.


14 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Such a beautiful and tranquil Christmas card!

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, I can just imagine the depth and dimension in your beautiful night time snowy scene! The white EP and added glitters are fantastic! xo

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Anne, this is stunning!! The trees look amazing!! You really brought them to life!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jacee said...

Lovely festive design Anne
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Donna said...

What a gorgeous peaceful scene!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Anne, I love the winter scene
Kevin xx

Brenda said...

very pretty and tranquil

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the idea of the acetate trees. Very cool. Great card Anne!

Lena said...

Beautiful winter scene you created. Love those trees. Gorgeous card!
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What a lovely, lovely card, Anne! Such a pretty winter scene!

NanaConnie said...

Anne, this is spectacular! I love how you've done the trees on acetate. Great texture that way.

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Anne, love the trees with the wonderful texture.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous, off to check out those three sets!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this sparkly snow scene- beautifully done!