Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It's A Girl!


For today's project, I create a criss cross baby card using some of the new baby dies from Die-Versions.  


To start out, I die cut the Baby Border from white cardstock and then colored it with Copic markers.  I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops (Carnation Pink) to the baby rattle and the diaper pin.


The stamped image is by Joy Clair Clear Stamps (Oh Baby!).  I colored the image with Copic markers and stamped the head twice, so that I could adhere it on top of the base.  This added layer gives it a touch more dimension without any added bulk.

For the inside panel, I die cut the Bassinet a couple of times and colored it with Copics.  I layered the top die cut slightly off from the base for a bit of a shadow.  I also inserted a couple of the negative pieces to represent the blanket better.

The pull tab is one of the dies in the Die-Versions Nesting Flowers set.  I cut a small slit in the center to thread the ribbon in and then adhered it to the top of the panel.  Both the pull ribbon here and the ribbon across the diagonal portion of the criss cross card is part of the Baby Bundle crinkle ribbon set from DLART.

The sentiment on the inside of the card is part of the Oh Baby! stamp set and was heat embossed with Mulberry Star embossing powder.  I cut the cream panel slightly shorter than the length of the card so that I could add a stip of the patterned paper to the bottom.  I covered the seam with a small strip of double sided tape and covered it with Bubblegum glitter.

Don't forget to use the code anne15 if you'd like to receive a 15% discount on all regularly priced dies from Die-Versions.  Just add the code when you get ready to check out.


10 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a fabulous baby card Anne, I love the design and all the details
Kevin xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, beautiful design and pretty colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely delightful! What a super fun baby card, and your coloring is lovely! ♥

Donna Ellis said...

Two darling cards, Anne! Your little baby's face made me laugh, and the bright yellow bottle in the bassinet that is adorable. Hugs, de

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Anne, this is gorgeous!! I love the criss-cross design and the dies you used!! The baby is so sweet and colored perfectly!! What a beautiful card this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Love that criss-cross design on your adorable baby girl card! It turned out great!!

Lena said...

Totally adorable, Anne. Love the criss cross design.
Hugs,
Lena

Sherrie K. said...

So adorable!
Sherrie K

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous baby related embellies, Anne. I love this card !!

nwilliams6 said...

So many fun elements on this and that baby image is soooo cute! Darling card, Anne. Hugz