The Festive Lantern stamp set is one of seven new sets released by Sparkle N Sprinkle this month. This set includes three stamps: the lantern, the poinsettia cluster, and a sentiment. That way you can mix and match. For my project, I used the lantern and the poinsettia cluster. Both were colored with Copic markers.
To start out, I stamped the lantern image with VersaMark and then covered it with Copper Flame embossing powder. After heat setting from the bottom (this is a chunky embossing powder) and letting it cool, I then sprinkled some Coffee embossing powder on top of the Copper Flame. This gave it a great two-toned aged look. Finally, I fussy cut out the open areas of the lantern so that my background would show through (just like a real lantern).
The poinsettia cluster was stamped with a light ink so that the lines of the stamp would blend into the colored areas. After fussy cutting this cluster out, I added Sunny Daze glitter to the centers of the poinsettias and outlined the leaves with Lavender Iris glitter. This was then adhered to the base of the lantern with pop dots. Lavender Iris glitter was also added to the candle flame.
The background is a die cut from Sue Wilson Designs (Festive Collection - Snowflake Background) that I covered with VersaMark and then heat set with White Spark embossing powder. With this particular die, you can leave the oval in the center solid. I wanted this to have a yellow glow from the "candle", so I colored that portion of the embossing powder with a marker.
The next layer was dry embossed using a Tonic Studio embossing folder (Simple Stripes). This is an 8" x 8" folder with a "frame" around the outside edge, so you'll want to be careful where you place your cardstock. That way the parts you want to get embossed will. :-). All of these layers were adhered to the white card base using Tear-ific Tape.
A strip of ribbon and my die cut sentiment are the final touches. The sentiment was created from a Die-Versions Sweet Wordlets (Merry Christmas) die. To add sparkle and shimmer the sentiment, I added a bit of VersaMark to a scrap piece of paper, heat embossed Sparkle embossing powder, and then die cut the words. For me, this is a quicker way to get bling on a smaller die cut instead of doing it after they have been die cut.