Monday, May 22, 2017

True Beauty


Today's card showcases the True Beauty rubber stamp set revealed this month from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  Did you know that some peacocks are all white?  When I am going to color something found in nature, I sometimes Google it to see what different colors that particular animal, bird, plant, insect, etc. can come in.   I was surprised to see several images of white peacocks.  I knew that's exactly what I wanted to try and replicate.  I hate to say it but no matter how many photos I took of this acetate shaker card, none of these photos do the peacock justice.  He is amazing looking in person (even if I do say so myself 😄 😆.)


I started out by stamping the image and then giving his feathers some highlights and shadows using a couple different grey Copic markers.  Once I was happy with that, I applied Brushable Glue on his tail and covered the glue with Waterscape glitter.  Since I added the glue with a pretty heavy hand, I let this air dry overnight.

While that was drying, I began creating the colored peacock feathers by taping down the Stampendous/Dreamweavers Peacock Feathers stencil onto an acetate sheet.  I then used a palette knife and randomly added several colors of Nuvo Glimmer Paste (Tanzanite, Peridot, Blue Topaz) over the stencil.  I created quite a few of the peacock feathers and then let them dry overnight as well.

The next day I began assembling my shaker card. I adhered the peacock feathers to a piece of Embossable Acetate and set that aside.  Then I die cut the front and back panels from thick white cardstock using a Simon Says Stamp die (Stitched rectangles).  The front panel was dry embossed with a Sue Wilson Designs embossing folder (Climbing Vines).  Once this was complete, I adhered the acetate with the peacock feathers to the inside front panel and pop dotted the peacock on top of the completed panel.

I also added a piece of Embossable Acetate to the inside back panel and then two layers of dimensional tape was adhered to the edges.  To the inside of this, I sprinkled in some Royal Purple Glass Glitter, a bit of Priceless Peacock glitter, and a few sequins.  Then I carefully lined up the two panels and adhered them together.


To create the sentiment, I die cut another piece of Embossable Acetate using a Sizzix die (Tim Holtz Labels) and also created a frame for this using the same Sizzix die along with a small circle from Little B (Circles).

Using the Glueless Glitter Technique, I stamped the sentiment onto the Embossable Acetate using VersaMark, Clear embossing powder and Priceless Peacock glitter.  I also added more Royal Purple Glass Glitter to the edge and adhered a couple more sequins.

Here is another photo using a different color backdrop.  It also shows more of the sequins and glitter that are inside the shaker card.




11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Anne this is just so beautiful. Adore those lush feathers.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Annie said...

fabulous stamp set Anne and I love the way you have used it. The peacock is certainly not ordinary !! Fabulous make xx
Sending my best wishes
Annie xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

That is one shiny, sparkly creation! Gorgeous peacock and the shaker element is a great idea!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning, Anne!! The sparkle is absolutely amazing!! The shaker is fabulous!! I love the sentiment, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this card is gorgeous! I love how you colored the peacock feathers! The embossing folder you used is beautiful too and that shimmery peacock is outstanding!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a beautiful card- I have missed stopping by and seeing your glittery, glimmery cards. This one is amazing!

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my goodness, Anne! How incredible - all of your techniques, and glittering awesomeness in a single card? And shaker elements on top of that? It is GORGEOUS in every way. I never think to use acetate, and you've not only "used" it, but done amazing things with it! Gorgeousness! hugs, de

NanaConnie said...

That peacock is absolutely stunning, Anne! Love the embossing on the background.

MiamiKel said...

OH Anne! I think this might be one of the most magnificent cards I've ever seen - and imagine he does looks super in real life (so you can so say yoursself, lol) Stunning effect and so much detail and glitz - absolutely breathtaking. Bravo!

Donna said...

Anne, I am not sure I have words for this card, it is truly amazing, absolutely stunning!!

Lena said...

Beautiful! Love the beautiful colours and all the sparkle!
Hugs,
Lena