Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Koi {Scrapy Land Challenge #68}


Today is the start of a new Scrapy Land Challenge.  The theme is Embossing (heat or dry), plus use any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  There are over 50 different brand to choose from.  You can find them all here.

I think I went a little overboard as every die cut on this card was heat embossed😁.  These are the dies used to create this card:


Die-Versions: Oriental Screen
Die-Versions: Koi Fish (currently out of stock, but here are some other brands)
Die-Versions: Hello Express Edge (currently out of stock, but here are some other options)


I started out by die cutting the Oriental Screen, inking it up with alcohol inks and a felt applicator, and then heat embossing it with a mixture of embossing powders.  I keep a bottle of various embossing powders that I dumped together when I accidentally contaminated one color of embossing powder with another color.  (I also have a bottle of mixed glitters and a bottle of mixed flocks - for the same reason.  That way I don't waste any product.)




The Koi fish was also embossed with various colors of embossing powder.  I kept adding different colors of oranges, reds, and yellows (as well as a bit of glass glitter) until I was happy with the results.  The eyes were created by squeezing out a drop of Gloss White Nuvo Crystal Drops onto my craft mat and then immediately adding a smaller drop of Ebony Black Crystal Drops right in the center.  Once these were dry (20 - 30 minutes at most), I adhered them onto my embossed die cut.


The Hello Express Edge was also heat embossed.  Do you see all the texture on this?  The way I achieved this was to take a piece of (ugly) glitter cardstock that I knew I would never use and I heat set it with embossing powder.  I love the texture it gave, plus I was able to use some cardstock that would otherwise never have been used.  (I'm sure everyone has some of that type of cardstock on hand 😉.)



WE NOW HAVE TWO WINNERS PER CHALLENGE.  One is random and the other is chosen by the Design Team.  Each winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to go shopping at Scrapy Land.

Now it's your turn to join us for this fun themed Scrapy Land Challenge.  You have until July 2 to upload your project.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team has created too.



9 comments:

sarascloset said...

Anne, I'm so happy I came over here for the details on this beautifully embossed card! I've learned several new things, and am going to give them a try! Very BEAUTIFUL card! Hugs!

Samra said...

Wonderful design Anne! Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Wow Anne! This card looks amazing with all the different colors in your embossing! What a great idea to save all the mixed colors!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card Anne! Oh my gosh, I love the gorgeous fish and shiny look! The embossing looks amazing! Fabulous card my friend!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K

Lisa said...

Wow, Anne, this is amazing!! The shimmer and sparkle are so gorgeous!! I love the use of the mixed colors (I need to remember to do that!!) What a stunning card!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lena said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the embossing, it adds so much dimension with the vibrant colours. Well done, my friend.
Have a great day.
Lena

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love your embossed koi die on the multicolored die in the background! Just beautiful!

SewPaperPaint said...

Anne, your variation in embossing color and the texture it resulted is tremendous here! Love these dies and this gorgeous card. Sorry for getting around late, but happy to be visiting! Big hugs, Autumn

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Amazing !!!
Fabulous card !
Hugs
Maryvonne