Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Love Doves {Scrapy Land Challenge #70}



Hey everyone, it's Wednesday and that means it's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge.  


We have great news to go along with today's challenge - ALL the challenges are now ANYTHING GOES using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  So now there is no reason not to play along with us!

For my card today, I created a wedding card using the following dies:


Sue Wilson Designs - Frames and Tags Collection - Rose Oval
Sue Wilson Designs - Australian Collection - Background die
Spellbinders - Opulent Ovals
Die-Versions - Wedding Canopy
Impression Obsession - Love Doves
Jeanine's Art - Garden Classics Lace Frame, Side Oval

Since I was mailing this card, I needed to keep it flat, without a lot of bulk.  I started off by die cutting the Opulent Oval from a matte gold cardstock and then adhered it to the white cardstock base.  I added tulle on top of the oval to soften the entire look of the card.

The next layer is the Rose Oval, die cut from white cardstock. The Love Doves and the Bride and Groom from the Wedding Canopy (I fussy cut them away from the rest of the die cut) were heat embossed with Sparkle embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  Even though these were also die cut from white cardstock, the sparkly embossing powder makes them stand out.




inside

On the inside of the card, I die cut the Opulent Ovals again from white cardstock and the gold, stamped my sentiment with VersaFine black ink, and then heat set it with Clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Joy Clair (Wedding Sentiments) stamp set.



I also added two of the negative pieces from the Jeanine's Art die cut in the corners.  The smallest dies from the Australian Collection Background die set were used to die cut a "pocket".  This pocket was adhered (on three sides, leaving the top open) to the inside bottom of the card front to hold a little something extra for the happy couple 💑 😁.

So now it's your turn to show us what you've got.  There are TWO WINNERS,  one random and one chosen by the designers, AND it's ANYTHING GOES using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  There are over 55 brands of dies (it doesn't have to be the exact die), so more than likely you have at least one of them in your stash.  You can see them all here, under Products.

You have until July 30 to upload your projects to the current Scrapy Land Challenge.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has created to inspire you.


11 comments:

Donna said...

So elegant and stunning, like that shimmer too!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful and elegant. Thanks for the inspiration I am working on a wedding card right now.. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous, Anne!! I love the dies you used...adding the Sue Wilson Frame to my wish list!! The sparkle is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SewPaperPaint said...

So so elegant and beautiful! I love the texture of the gold cardstock and gorgeous layering of these awesome dies. Hugs, Autumn

Olenkaja said...

Anne, this is amazing!! The texture is off the charts!! It's grungy perfection!! I love, love it, my sweet friend!! You are such an inspiration!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Ola

Lori Kobular said...

Such a gorgeous Wedding card! I love the different dies you used, it is so elegant!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, this is so pretty and elegant Anne! I love the dies you used~they need to be added to my wish list! So pretty!
Have a great evening!
Sherrie K

Samra said...

Simple elegance at its best!!! Love this.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lena said...

Very elegant card perfect for a wedding!
Hugs,
Lena

sarascloset said...

This is a stunning wedding card! I love the simplicity, but you've really made it special with the layering of the die cuts and the layer of tulle. And what a surprise inside! Gorgeous, Anne! Hugs!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning Anne !
I bought this Sue Wilson die when I saw your card !
Love it !
Hugs
Maryvonne